Newlywed Festivities

Hours continued to pass for the two with the sun slowly setting and the festival starting up. Once this happened, the two placed their newly acquired belongings off in their room before heading out to see what the outside event had in store. As they entered the area, Izuku and Ochako were met with an image of stands side by side all the way down as far as they could see. Ochako felt as if she was a kid in a candy store seeing all the lights and stands of different games and food. She nearly tugged Izuku's arm out of it's socket rushing in to see what they had.

"It's so pretty." Ochako looked at the stands amazed that such things could've been going on without her getting the chance to experience.

"Try to be careful. We can easily get lost in this crowd." Izuku says this for his fox wife to hardly listen and keep looking around before stopping at a goldfish stand.

"Wanna try sweetie? It's only 100 yen a try." Ochako nodded to pass the man a coin with the man passing a small scoop that was ridiculously thin to the point it was almost impossible to win with.

"So how do you play this sir?"

"All ya gotta do to win is pull the goldfish out of the water with that and avoid it from breakin. If it does, then it's all over. If not, you can keep going till it does."

Ochako heard this and glanced at both the tank and her net thinking of the best option to do this. In one quick motion, she scooped a goldfish, brought it out of the water, and tossed it over for Izuku to barely catch the small fish so it wouldn't fall on the ground. All three of them looked at Ochako's net to see it wasn't broken. "I can still go on if it's still able to pick them up, right?"

"Yeah you can sweetheart. If ya get another fish, the same rules apply." The older man said happily for Izuku to get a bad inkling he may regret this.

Not even five minutes later, Ochako has captured all the fish for the man to go pale seeing over 60 goldfish were taken for a total of 100 yen. Since they didn't need all the fish, Ochako gave back all but two with one being given to a 6 year old boy to the side of her that was trying and couldn't succeed. Since he gave about 1,500 yen to the man, she figured it was more than fair that he at least got one of her fish. The boy thanked her and walked into the festival to a woman they believed was his mother. The old stallman smiled at Ochako as she got up with Izuku and continued down the stands. Stand after stand, Ochako was able to play the games and win ridiculous things that would take people a lot of money and time to claim for small amounts of money. Luckily for the people running the stalls, she gave back most of them except for one or two with some being given to kids who were trying and failed beside her to give them a smile before going to the next stall. They eventually got near the end with them being in front of an old shrine.

"So what do you think of festivals?" Izuku was curious with Ochako smiling ear to ear giddy with excitement. "I'll take that as you like it." He says causing her to nod excitedly in response.

"There's all sorts of foods for us to get and masks and games! Let's go to every booth!" Ochako declares happily walking around and spinning with her arms extended. Izuku smiles seeing her have fun, he has grown fond of her over their week together.

The two walk slowly through the hundreds of vendors at the festival, Ochako making it a point to spend as much yen as possible solely in food. Buying everything from fried dough bubbles, grilled squid, grilled corn on the cob, hash browns, hot dogs on a stick, takoyaki, tamagoyaki, curry rice, taiyaki, nori, onigiri with sesame seeds and sushi. Not caring about the caloric intake in the slightest, every once in a while Izuku will take a piece of food for himself. His interests are more focused on the lanterns themselves. Though the festival is typically held in August, some unfavorable conditions and villain attacks had pushed back the festival to late January. The two walk across a bridge passing over a stream between the two sides of the festival, water lanterns float and bump into each other around the stream. They stop at the top of the bridge looking out at all the people and lanterns floating in the air and on the water. The candles causing them to float create a romantic atmosphere for the two newly weds. Izuku grabs Ochako's hand as they rest their arms on the ledge causing her to face him.