Lana is in disbelief of the man's skills. She's standing next to Fennec as Din is down resting on one knee shooting troopers from the other direction. She watched as Boba Fett took down a squad of troopers like it was nothing. He finally got his armor back, and he was going to make good use of it. As more troopers came, they saw Boba surrounded with the bodies of other troopers. He aimed his gun at them, terrified they scurried away.

Din stood from his spot on the ground at Lana's side. She listened as the two troop carriers began buzzing away. Boba wasn't done yet though. From his back, he released a missile, striking one of the ships. As it blew up into the air, it fell, it struck the other one.

Fennec, Din and Lana walked to his side, overlooking the falling ships. "Nice shot." Lana smiles.

"I was aiming for the other one."

Suddenly, they hear a blast from the sky above them. "What is that?" Lana asks. They all turn to see the blast completely disintegrate the Crest. Lana's jaw drops. Din sprints shortly to stop dead in his track's complete disbelief. "Better get to your ship." Fennec tells Boba. Lana runs to his side, resting a hand on his shoulder. They didn't have time to grieve though.

"The kid!" He yells. Din breaks from Lana's grip, sprinting once again up the mountain side.

As they are running, Lana hears something above them. She looks up, detecting four life forms flying quickly toward them. With all the energy Lana, Din and Fennec had left they climbed the mountain as if their life depended on it. Lana's legs ached under her, they were ready to fold out beneath her. Din kept his eye on the structure at the top of the mountain. He began pushing his body to the limit trying to reach the kid on time as four droids approached him.

Lana had always pondered is fate was real. If it was fate for her to meet her love whom she could never see his face. If it was fate that the child was his bounty not someone else's. If it was fate that she met Bo-Katan. She wondered if there really was a greater justice who had a grand plan for them, or do these things happen randomly, whether good or bad. She thought maybe fate doesn't exist, maybe it's just the opportunities you're given and it's what you do with them.

Just as they reach the top of the structure, the four droids blast off, leaving the seeing stone baron.

Was it just cruel fate that the child was taken from them or was it that they were given the opportunity to save him, but they failed.

They look up to see Boba flying in his ship toward the droids. "I have a lock." He says to Fennec over the comm.

"Stop him. I don't want the child hurt." Din demands.

"Abort. Disengage. Do not harm the child."

"Copy. I'll do a loose follow, see where they're headed.

A few moments later, Boba responds over the comm. "They're back."

"Who?"

"The Empire."

"That can't be. The Outer Rim is under the jurisdiction of the New Republic."

"This isn't a spice dram. I can see the Imperial cruiser with my own eyes. Heading down."

•·················•·················•

Walking back to the ruins of the ship, defeated, Lana is trying her best to hold back her tears. Boba and Fennec stop just before the impact zone. Lana takes off her helmet, handing it to Fennec. "Do you mind?" She asks. Fennec smiles, holding her helmet for her.

Lana and Din walk side by side to the crater. They overlook the debris, Lana feels a tear roll down her cheek. Din turns to see her trying to wipe her tear away. He quickly grabs her, pulling her into him. Lana kept her eyes on where the Crest once was. Thinking about all their memories, all her things she brought from Sorgan, all of Din's life, and the child were gone. Lana squeezed him tighter, closing her eyes, letting her tears fall onto his beskar. From above her she hears Din's soft sniffle.

•·················•·················•

After they dug through the debris of the Crest for a while, they head back up to Boba and Fennec. Standing in front of them, Fennec stretches out her arms to hand Lana her helmet. "Thank you."

Din sets the spear down. "This is all that survived." His voice sounded so exhausted, so hurt.

"Beskar." Boba says. Din nods, biting his lip trying not to let tears form in his eyes. Everything he had was gone. All he had left was his love and a spear of beskar.

"I want you to take a look at something." Boba says bringing up a hologram from his wrist. "My chain code has been imprinted in this armor for 25 years. You see, this is me. Boba Fett." He points. "This is my father Jango Fett."

"Your father was a foundling." Din states.

"Yes." He says putting his wrist down. "He even fought in the Mandalorian Civil Wars."

"Then that armor belongs to you."

"I appreciate its return."

"Then our deal is complete." Lana sighs.

"Not quite."

"How so?"

"We agreed in exchange for the return of my armor, we will ensure the safety of the child."

Din pauses. "The child's gone."

"Until he is returned to you safely, we are in your debt."