0.4 - Prologue - Mayor of Terror

MIYUKI: In any case—

She's cut off by the sound of pounding footsteps, and a familiar peppy voice.

AIMI: I did it, Miyuki-senpai~! I brought everyone! Took a bit of work, but Lucky Aimi never gives up!

Aimi jumps in front of the group with a cheerful fist pump and a pair of peace signs immediately afterward. Just having her in the same space again makes Shizuku feel a bit less tense. She's still tense, of course, but at least she's not stranded with Eiji and Hitoshi again.

Miyuki takes a deep breath before speaking.

MIYUKI: Excellent. It is time to get this underway. All of you, get together.

Shizuku bows her head. Sure enough, Aimi has brought everyone else she's met today over. They've created a small crowd in front of the gazebo, which Miyuki alone stands inside.

Ryouji stands near the back, slightly away from the others. Shizuku joins him, and takes in everyone else.

Katsuya has started chatting with Kai, who seems skeptical of the outdoors. Kaoru is pestering Tsukasa with a mountain of questions, while Seijirou watches with a bemused expression.

A voice suddenly arises among the low chatter. Chiemi is tightly holding Junpei in place.

JUNPEI: P-Please let me go!

CHIEMI: Not happening. You'll just barricade yourself in that room again.

JUNPEI: Exactly!

CHIEMI: Exactly.

JUNPEI: I... don't l-like you!

Chiemi snorts.

Eiji is standing on his own, glaring daggers at Hitoshi from across the crowd. Hitoshi himself either hasn't noticed, or is pretending as much. Yami watches them with a small grin on their lips. Kizou and Aimi stand at the front, eyes locked on Miyuki.

And...

Shizuku tilts her head and stands on her toes. There's also a short woman standing at a bulletin board that stands next to the gazebo. Her dark hair is loose about her shoulders, seeming to fall into the fleece interior of her jacket's hood. She has no idea who that is.

Is that the person Keda-san mentioned earlier?

SHIZUKU: (Hey, Hino-san?)

RYOUJI: (What is it?)

SHIZUKU: (Who's the person at the bulletin board? With the fluffy coat?)

Ryouji peers over everyone's heads, squints, and frowns.

RYOUJI: (I... don't have a clue?)

Before she can ask how that's possible, Miyuki clears her throat.

MIYUKI: Attention, please! I would like to call this meeting to order!

SEIJIROU: Oh, has someone taken charge?

KATSUYA: Ooh, do we get to vote on a mayor?

JUNPEI: I don't plan on staying here long enough to need a mayor...

KAORU: But a leader is good! Without a director, this whole escape plan or whatever we're working on would fall apart in seconds!

They gasp in apparent delight.

KAORU: Are we working on an escape plan? I guess that's just an assumption, all things considered, since we don't even know where we are or why—