"Uncle! It's so wonderful to see you!" Seri greeted him with a big hug. "How are you?"

"I'm good," he asked the couple to sit before he continued updating them on his health. "The doctors have cleared me. I just need some additional maintenance medication for my heart but I should be good."

They questioned Man Bok to make sure they understood what he was dealing with. Once they were certain, they smiled. "Just let us know when you'd need help, okay? We'll help out," Jeong Hyeok assured.

Man Bok nodded. "This is actually why I wished to speak to you both as soon as I arrived."

Seri and Jeong Hyeok waited for him to continue.

"You know that I have no children and I am old. I have to think about turning over the companies to a newer generation," Man Bok started. "I wanted to ask if both of you would accept if I passed these to both of you."

Seri and Jeong Hyeok were silent.

"I know it's a lot but as the past months have shown, I am confident that you two can do it. I know that you have your own companies and I do not wish to burden you too much but I would be grateful if you could look after mine as well?"

Jeong Hyeok spoke first. "Are you sure, Man Bok?"

Jung Man Bok nodded.

It was Seri's turn to speak up. "I feel grateful and am very flattered but... would you mind if Jeong Hyeok and I discuss this, Uncle? This is quite important."

"I understand. Of course, you two can discuss. For now, breakfast?"

When they were alone at his house, Jeong Hyeok asked what was on Seri's mind. "I'm concerned about the arrangement. Do you think it's a good idea that we are co-owners? I mean, we work well together in spite of all our differences but it would be something else when the company belongs to us."

He nodded. "I agree but I think we could do it. What I worry about it because of the extent of Man Bok's businesses, we need to now find a way to integrate our separate companies into the conglomerate. Since we are unmarried at this time, that is tricky but not impossible."

Seri thought about what he said. "What if we just keep our companies separate? We'll co-manage the conglomerate. If things work out as we want between us, then let's join our businesses. But, if not, at least we just have to find an arrangement for Man Bok's businesses."

He made a face. "That's reasonable."

"Then what's with that irked expression?"

"I dislike talk about us separating. In the context of the business, I understand that it is a reasonable assumption. But I don't like it," he confessed.

Seri leaned in to rest her head in his shoulder. Giving him a hug, she assured, "I'm not saying we will separate."

"I know."

"We just have to cover all possible scenarios," she added.

"I know. What if time comes that we'll have a disagreement on how to run the business?" he asked. They promised to clear the lines of authority in the different areas and then work our an agreement for the holding company. "I hope it works."

"We'll do our best," Seri said. "Now, bed."

"Seri!" Jeong Hyeok looked surprised. "It's only 3 in the afternoon."

Seri gave a naughty smile. "So?"

Hae-Soo was right. Shifting to the pill was wonderful and Seri and Jeong Hyeok couldn't keep their hands off each other for the following weeks. With Man Bok back home, they didn't need to hold back anymore so they didn't.

However, one day, Seri woke up in her apartment feeling faint. The following day, it was accompanied with nausea. On the third day of her nausea, she checked her calendar.

She was delayed.

She hadn't missed taking her tablets but the doctor did warn her that the pill, though highly effective, still wasn't 100% full proof. Her heart was beating fast as she drove to the nearest pharmacy to get those at-home tests. What if she were... She and Jeong Hyeok hadn't discussed kids, she realized.

Great job, she thought, reprimanding herself. Of all the preparations and conversations you guys had, this was not one you talked about.

As she headed back home after making her purchase, Jeong Hyeok sent a message asking if she wanted to grab coffee since he was close to her office. She replied, "I didn't come in today. Not feeling well."

"Again? Maybe you should get yourself checked, Seri. I'll bring food for dinner. Let me know what your wish to eat," he said.

For the first time in months, she needed some time alone to figure things out so she asked, "Do you mind if I just rest tonight? I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

She knew he would worry so she added. "Nothing to worry about. I just need to rest."

She will tell him the whole truth tomorrow whatever the results were, but for tonight, she just needed to figure out on her own what she wanted.

She once read that,

"When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly know what you are hoping for." (Anonymous)

So, before she took the pregnancy test, she took a coin.

Heads - she wanted a baby.

Tails - she was not ready.

She tossed the coin quite high and as the coin flipped up and up and up and the slowly made its descent, she prayed, "Please be heads."

Her eyes opened and saw the bright sun shining through her window.

She wanted a baby.

As the coin fell on her floor, she couldn't even recall what side of the coin showed up. She picked it up and headed to take the test.

 She picked it up and headed to take the test