19. The One Where They Close Shop

Hey, friends! How are you all doing?

Ta-da! This is the second to the last chapter of CFH, and I'm really sad it's ending. This was so fun to write, even though it required me to do so many Google searches for unfamiliar places, events terms, and more of that stuff. Maybe I could ask my friend to run a business with me to pretend as a couple? Hmm... thoughts are being thunk.

Final chapter and epilogue will be released on Saturday midnight, Philippine Standard Time. I haven't written it yet, because I'm a bit nervous! I might start it tomorrow after getting work done.

Anyway, let's get started, yeah? Shayne's POV and see yaaa!

-/-/-

Date: February 7
To: Shayne Topp, Courtney Miller
Cc: Spencer Agnew, Damien Haas, Tommy Bowe
Subject: February 14 Interview

Hi there!

My name is Lily Holloway, and I am one of the producers here at Athens News. We are so happy you responded to our interview offer, even though it's been four months since then. We don't mind though, and we absolutely accept your response. Attached to this email is our interview protocol, some questions you might need to prepare for, as well as your entry pass for the 14th to our building.

We are looking forward to having you here at Athens News. We'll see you then!

Regards,
Lily Holloway
Associate Producer, Athens News

-/-/-

"So after this," Tommy mumbles as he takes one last photo of us, "it's all really over."

"Yep," I say, fixing the collar of my shirt. "They're gonna tell us when it airs, we'll be posting it by then, and after that... we have to do work at Smosh again."

"It's honestly pretty weird it's come to this," Damien remarks, chuckling. "I kinda expected you guys to be in the limelight for a bit longer, but if this is how it ends, then we'll just go with the flow. That's how life works."

"I've been working on making other sites too," Spencer adds, still on his laptop. "Ian told me that I could get to manage smosh(dot)com if I showed him progress. Looking pretty good for me."

"Well, shit happens," Courtney tells us as she takes her keys from my coffee table. "But at least it happened, yeah? We made the best out of it, and not gonna lie, if that were my only day job, I'd do it all over again."

"Me too," I assure her.

"Three," Tommy calls.

"Four!" Damien exclaims.

"Uh, five...?" Spencer mutters under his breath.

We all stand in a circle in my living room before getting into a really uncomfortable group hug that bursts into laughter. It was gonna be the last, for real. Tommy and Spencer get a lift home, as Damien drives us to Athens News. We had a lot of media companies chasing after us for interviews, but we chose this one simply because it was close, they were the nicest ones in their offers, and Athens News had a pretty good reputation. In the end, we chose them, and so far, everything's looking great.

"Hi!" a redhead greets us with a smile. "My name's Lily. So great to finally meet you guys in person. I'll be with you guys until the end of your time here in Athens News. We have a whole dining area in here for lunch, so you don't have to worry about going outside."

"Nice," Damien remarks as he trails behind us. "Oh, sorry. Damien Haas, uh, best friend and chauffeur."

"You could just say best friend, man," I tell him, laughing. "He's with us. Is it alright if we have him in the room too during the interview?"