"Sure, no problem." Elena agreed.

Jenna walked towards the door but paused before she left, "You can call me if you need anything."

"Remember to eat and hydrate." Elena called back with a smile.

"Where's Jenna going?" John asked as he came down the stairs.

Alaric, knowing that John had done everything he could to mess up things for Jenna, took a page out of Elena's book and punched him in the face. Then he walked out with a 'See you later, Elena,' over his shoulder.

"He punched me." John said as he held his face.

"Who did?" Elena asked with a smirk. "I didn't see anything."

"Right." John muttered as Elena walked upstairs.

An hour later Stefan had joined Elena in her bedroom, she needed someone to talk to and she missed having Stefan as her best friend.

"...this is bad. Between Isobel and John and now Matt, this is a disaster." Elena finished her rant by falling backwards onto the bed.

"Yeah." Stefan nodded in agreement and was about to say something else but was interrupted by John walking into the room.

"Elena, can you come downstairs, please?" John asked politely. "I need to talk to you."

Elena turned to Stefan and mock whispered, "It must be serious, he said 'please'."

"Please, it's important." John turned to Stefan. "You, too, Stefan."

Elena and Stefan followed John downstairs to see Isobel coming out of the kitchen.

"I asked John for a do-over." Isobel said.

"And like an idiot he actually thrusted you and invited you in." Elena glared.

"She has information about Klaus." John defended himself then he pleaded with her. "Please, just listen to her, okay?"

Elena nodded slowly and the four of them made their way into the kitchen so they could sit down and talk around the breakfast bar.

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus." Isobel explained. "We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you."

"Best chance of what?" Stefan asked.

"Keeping Elena alive." John said strongly.

"You care...why?" Elena looked at him. "I mean, you've had, what? Seventeen years to tell me who you really were to me but you wait until now, so why should I listen to anything you have to say?"

"Where you able to find Klaus?" Stefan asked Isobel before John could say anything.

"No. Nobody knows where he is but there are rumors that are flying around." Isobel looked at them al with a serious look. "That a doppelgänger exists."

"Which means that any vampire that wants to get in favor with Klaus will be lining up to capture you." John cautioned Elena.

"Why should I believe any of this?" Elena huffed and turned to Isobel. "The last time you were here, we made it clear to each other that we don't care about the other, or I assume you would have understood that, at least. Now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe that you want to help?"

"Isobel's been helping all along. Klaus has been obsessed with finding Kathrine for centuries." John protested. "All it would take was any one of those 1864 tomb vampires to spread the word around that Kathrine was still alive and it would bring him straight here to Mystic Falls, where you were bound to be discovered, so we killed them."