𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑻𝑹𝑼𝑻𝑯

Start from the beginning

You have to look up at her as she towers over you, "Where. Were. You?" This time she said it slower, exaggerating each word. She ignored your question wholely. "I-" You couldn't face her. You advert your gaze down to your shoeless feet, just bearing mismatched socks. Comical that you just noticed that. Your eyes dart from sock to sock, trying to process what she was saying. It was happening so fast, did she know? No - She couldn't possibly know where you've been, how could she know.

"No, I think I know where you were." Your eyes slowly widened as she spoke. No way she knew, you kept repeating to yourself in your head. You plead silently that she didn't know what she was talking about. Now, you were quite sure if she'd pieced up the puzzle or not.

"The way you speak of him." Her voice broke, almost as if she was about to cry. But you look back up at her. Her nose was red, and her eyes were beginning to puff up even more than before. Taking a deep breath she told you, "I found Wilbur..." She started and by those words, you knew what had happened, but you stupidly thought and hoped Wilbur wouldn't say anything. How could you trust him? She continued, "I leaned against the back wall and he told me, he told me that he was your Professor Y/n. He's your fucken teacher! And I watched you like you were  a cute little puppy staring up at him." A tear slips down her face, how much it hurt you to watch her. "How the two of you danced together. Falling in love almost, you couldn't stop laughing each time he said something." She scoffed while whipping her tears away, her anger fell flat "How you held onto him for dear life while he did the same..." She looked into you, you had to tell her. "Please tell me that it isn't true, please just tell me he isn't your teacher." She already knew, but she needed to hear it from you. How could you possibly tell her, why is she making you do this, the embarrassment flooding through your veins. 

You couldn't lie to her anymore, how could you. She knew and you knew that she knew, there was no possible way to get out of the hole you've dug yourself in. "Techno and I are together, if that's what you're implying then you are correct." She stared right into your eyes. You wondered if this would be the same reaction if you had told her when you first kissed Techno, would she be this mad at you?

But you could express anything before she spoke once again, "So what? The two of you were just fucking?" Minx huffs out in somewhat annoyance, you didn't know what to call it, you didn't really know where her emotions were at this moment in time. "It's not fucking Minx." You quietly respond, again looking away from embarrassment, and to think right before this you went even embarrassed to be doing the "walk of shame" yet here you are getting questioned by your best friend, your roommate and you're about to start crying from embarrassment. "So what is it then? Making love?" She mocked in a childish tone not caring if she was hurting your feeling in the process. "Sure, if that's what you want to call it, but there was more than just fuckin Minx." She could tell by the should of your voice that you were on the vague of tears, but she couldn't give a fuck if that was the issue.

She glared at you before continuing, "He is your teacher Y/n! He clearly doesn't care other than fucking you!" Minx laughs rough at your expense, "He has to have some weird fetish about the young girls in class and you just happen to be one of them that he got a hold of. Face it." She insults, you just let her express her anger but she was getting even more upset that you weren't saying anything back. So you decided that it was time to bit back, "It's not like that, you don't know anything about this situation" Tears still threatened to fight their way out, but you couldn't let her see you this way. You couldn't show her that you were that upset, even if she was being mean she was still your best friend.

"I don't need to know everything, all I need to know is that you fuck your teacher for a grade." Minx assumes and that's when you face her again. Your lips part in disbelief at this accusation, especially after she knew how hard you work for your grades, to prove to your parents that you deserve to even attend college. "How dare you." You speak harshly, now it's your turn to speak rudely at her, you couldn't believe what she was saying to you. "You know that I work my ass off every single day! I don't show up to class late, unlike you. I do all my assignments, I get shit done unlike you."  You say with a tear finally escaping from your grasp, and you knew you were going to start full-on crying anytime soon from now. "That's not true." She fights back at your words. "Yes, it is! Whenever I don't do something is because of you! You take me to parties where I get too drunk to stand up Minx! If I'm ever late it's because of you, I get my shit together." You start raising your voice to stand up to Minx.

She stands there for a second to think of what to say next, "At least I get you out of this damn dorm! If I don't take you with me, you stay in this room all weekends!" You just laugh at her response."Have you ever thought once that I hate going to those stupid parties and going literally everywhere with you! Have you ever thought of that for more than a whole goddamn second!" Your tears start streaming down your redden cheeks, you hate that she's made you like this. You never once wanted to start an argument with her, you love her, but she is hurting you. She notices the tears, "Oh here comes the waterworks huh?" She mocks endlessly. 

"I get out of this dorm because of him." You say while wiping away the tears that run down. "That's the only reason besides me." She could care less, "Yes, because I love going out with him! He takes to me to fancy restaurants, buys me cute dresses, books, literally anything I ask he'd get for me. He cares for me, other than just sex." More tears come down your face to a point where you couldn't wipe them away, they struck your dress and soon left stains. "You mean he keeps you away from everyone else." She says point-blank, almost all emotion gone from her voice, this struck you out of the wave of sadness with concern, how could you still be concerned after the words she's said to you, you couldn't possibly know. "He doesn't-" You couldn't finish before she speaks over you. "Yes, he does Y/l/n! You miss out on going on all our picnics and coffee hangouts! Have you ever thought about how that makes me feel?" Minx snuffles her nose. "That's what people in relationships do Minx! They want to spend time with each other and love each other! I spend every day with you anyways! Why are you upset that I miss a few hours in the day without you!" You say, and that is when you see tears run down her face as well. The saddened and hurt expression plastered on her face told you everything you needed to know.

And she was right, you didn't think about how missing out on those opportunities had made her feel. How forgotten she must have felt, t started to piece together why she was so upset. That it wasn't just some regular man who had taken over your life, but a grown man who happens to be your Professor. She must have thought he was taking advantage of you, her best friend, that and you were keeping it all a secret from her.

 You really didn't know what to say to her after seeing her cry. "What do you think this is? A dream? A fairy tale where at the end of the story you live happily ever after? Y/n think with your goddamn head, that'll never happen. Do you really think the school is going to allow this relationship between a student and a Professor? If so, your crazy, and everyone else might be as well." Her tears broke you and made you start crying even more along with her words, you truly didn't think this affair would be going as long as it was. But you were as happy as you could be, how could she not see that?

"No one has to know Minx. You can keep this a secret." You plead with her, even if you already knew that she would never agree with it. But you hoped that she had even a little compassion in her for you, but what she said next you knew she didn't. "You don't understand how much pressure that is Y/n. If I even knew what was going on, which I do now, it's a liability on my part. What am I going to say when the school finds the both of you out? Huh? Do you really want me to lie about this?" She says back, looking away from you and grabbing hold of her phone. You couldn't blame her. But you still held on for hope. "Yes because you are my friend Minx. I love you like a sister! You're supposed to lie for me and I would do the same for you!" You tried to connect with her once again but she went silent and walked passed you. 

She turned in your direction before heading out the door, still not making eye contact with you, "But here's the thing you don't get Y/n, I would never fuck my teacher." Her words were bitter, almost like venom, it stung your ears. Hearing that from her hurt more than you could explain or express. And you couldn't chase her, she needed time to adjust and process what she heard from you.

The door shut close with a slam. Leaving you alone to sit in the atmosphere, with a weird mixture of guilt, embarrassment, shame, pity, sadness, anger, everything.