Do demodogs play catch?

Creek

Mike shook at the terrifying sound of each step being pressed into with a horrifying scratch being produced.

He was paralyzed, his feet lost feeling and his legs were pressed up against a nail that was digging into his skin -not bleeding thank god.

Each floorboard pitter-pattered to the beat of Mike's heartbeat. He looked over to see Eleven giving him a somewhat similarly terrified expression.

Light flooded into the room as the door was nudged open. Eleven squeezed his hand as the dog-like thing rubbed his face against everything and

Peed.

The freaking face opening, blood sucking dog peed on his sister's clothes and left.

Mike let out a quiet breath of relief and he stood there, a smile as the creaking got quieter and quieter. He looked over at El and she smiled too. He repositioned himself a bit then tapped El's hand. She turned to him.

"I'll take first watch, let's sleep up here until we get the all-clear." El stared at him for a solid what must've been 10 minutes before nodded and closing her eyes. He sighed thinking about the strange girl next to him and watched for any signs of danger.

"Mike." The words bounced around the air and he frowned.

"Nancy?" He whispered, terrified she was at this horrendous place. However, her voice felt far away, muffled by the fear that feeds on this place.

He felt sad, but a feminine sad. It was different, more raw, sisterly.

He gaped at the empty space he realized he had been staring at non-stop as the feeling intensified until he felt tears spill from his eyes and a hazy fog lit up the real world. He shrunk back and it disappeared.

"Watch." He jumped back to see eleven staring at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Watch." She repeated, he felt invisible gentle hands push his head onto a sleeping position.

"But I'm not that tired-"

"Watch." She repeated. They stared at each other until he nodded and closed his eyes.

Nancy stared as the police gave her the confirmation that they didn't find any evidence of mike

"We'll keep looking then!" Karen shouted and shoved them out slamming the door. She leaned against it and looked at the ceiling.

"They'll find him." Whether the words were meant for Nancy or Karen is still unclear.

She looked over at the clock and saw she needed to go to school in 5 minutes. Maybe if she didn't bring it up-

"Oh honey, we have to leave now." She pulled her daughter along.

"I don't want to go to school mom," Nancy spoke up, hugging herself.