How am I supposed to eat candy in the upside-down

Mike scribbled on the last word for his chemical formula. Truth be told he had no idea what he was creating, however with the combination of items he was adding he hoped it would explode, of course you can never be sure when adding random chemicals.

He put on his glasses and smiled at the glass beaker. Only one way to find out. Laughing (earning some looks.) he added the carefully planned out chemicals one by one to the solution, the colors morphing from red to blue to purple as he did so. Carful to stir with a slender hand and a soft touch. The glass chilled his hands, sucking the heat out of them, making them cold. Which really explained doctors.

"What are you doing?" He shot his head over to the kid behind him.

"Something new." He replied shortly looking back to his hopeful explosive material that seemed to be stubbornly not wanted to mix together.

However the kid walked up behind him and ogled at the beaker.

"Cool! What if we add some of this black stuff." Mike's eyes went wide and he waved his hands around.

"No! No! Don-" the kid poured the black solution into the container. At first, nothing happened. Then a short fizz bubbled from the beaker and with a large POP a bubble exploded and gas leaked into the air.

"What is this!" The teacher called coughing.

"I think it's some sort of sedati-" the teacher dropped down to the ground and even mike wobbled in the air.

"Wadda kno- its a sedative! Im sow smar-" his head fuzzed and he fell on the ground.

Mike woke up to laughter around him. His eyes unfocused and a familiar red head, tagged along with a bushy haired boy, a smaller light haired boy with wide eyes and his best friend since 2nd grade were all standing around him. He lazily lifted his head to look at them.

"What are you guys doing?" He looked around to find himself and everyone else in a hospital.

"What did you even do!" Dustin exclaimed looking all around at the waking kids.

"I swear it wasn't me! It was that one- one rat child." He grumbled, pointing at a still sleeping boy who ruined his morning. Lucas snorted.

"Hate to break it too you mister sedative-"

"Do not call me that."

"-but the entire school thinks it's you." Lucas finished, making mike realize that everyone was glaring at him.

"No no no!" He groaned and flopped back. "I'm going to get in so much trouble."

"That you are." Mike popped his head up to the principal, looking in with a more then displeased glance.

"Look sir I didn't mean-" the principal put up his hand.

"We will deal with this later. For now, mike just go home. Please." Mike sighed and nodded, a nurse quickly filed in. The principal, satisfied, walked out leaving mike with his small friend group.

"Alright well, just leave me here. I'll walk home, it's not too far I know the way." His friends nodded and left him on his own. Soon he realized how bored he is going to be. However the nurse just checked something off and left him for home clearance. He smiled and walked out, ready to go home.

He hadn't realized how long he had been there, when he opened the rusted old red hospital doors the dark night sky welcomed him.

"You got to be kidding me." He groaned and walked forward, replying on the moon as his main source of light.

A figure zipped past him, white as a sheet. He frowned turning in a circle.

"Hello?" He shouted out.

Another zip rustled behind him. He shakily turned around.

"H-hello?" Something grabbed him from behind. He screamed and thrashed. Its arms were bony and white as a snow filled night. Tears spilled from his shaking eyes as the creature dragged him into the base of a tree trunk.

As he emerged from the trunk he saw a entirely new yet identical world living around him. Speckles danced in the sky. His shaking body looked around confused. Where is this place?

The creature dragged on, his body scrapping along the floor. As he was dragged on he noticed bones around him.

Great, he was taking him to his freaking diner.

The creature stopped and opened its faceless mouth, showing a flower of teeth ready to devour him whole. He scrambled back away from the creature but it only seemed to smile and laugh at him. At his feeble attempt at a escape.

He was full on crying now, his life having changed within seconds of his sad demeaning day. Now he was literally about to be eaten.

The creature dug its claws into mikes leg, making him shout and cry in pain. Sobs actually racked his body as tears spilled down.

The creature snaked right up to mikes face as it perfected its position for the juiciest bite yet.

Fwap the creature flew back and landed into the tree.

Arms, human arms wrapped around him, pulling him along.

"We- go. Now!" It was a girls voice, her words deformed to some degree. He shakily got up and ran with the girl, looking over to a short hairdo that curled around her ears. She opened the door to a wooden cabin and shut the door, locking up everything.

Quicker then he could blink she cleaned up his wound stopping the bleeding, the blood stained cloth flew through the cracks of the walls off into the unknown. Grabbed him she hastily hid behind a cabinet and slowed her breathing to a short quiet whisper.

She put her hand over his lips and stood like a statute. Right around when he was about to pry her hands off a small creaking sound walked around. The shadow line right in their view as the creature inspected the place.

It walked around the room 4 times before it decided they weren't there, waking out the door and running off to who knows what.

Mike slumped against the girl, not even knowing her name as the fatigue from today took over and he passed out in her arms.

"Hello." Was the last thing he heard as the darkness clouded over his thoughts and left him in a dreamless lull.

Anyway love y'all.