Chapter 32

The following morning, Abel woke us both up at 7:30.

"Can we just skip to the mouthy teenager that sleeps til noon?" Jax asked, pulling me closer to him as he woke up.

"Unfortunately no," I said. I got out of bed and grabbed Abel from his crib. He soothed instantly. I smiled a little as I returned to Jax and I's room.

As I sat on the bed with Abel, I instantly started talking. "We can have a fun little family day. Maybe make some cookies. We could get a gingerbread house kit and build it as a family."

"You're excitement for Christmas hasn't changed," he said.

"Yeah, sorry, I know you don't like Christmas. I just figured maybe it'd-."

"Babe, I think it's a great idea," he said, kissing my lips gently. He kissed Abel's head and started to talk to him.

"Maybe we should get ready for today," I said after a minute.

"Only cause you won't let me lay in bed all day," Jax said. I handed Abel to Jax and grabbed a long sleeve shirt and some jeans for the day. I started to get dressed and ready as Jax laid Abel on the bed and got himself ready. Abel started crying once again.

"Babe, you can't pick him up every time he cries," Jax said as I picked Abel up.

"It's impossible to spoil a baby by holding them too much," I said.

"What? Mom said he needs to learn to self soothe," Jax said.

"Yeah teach him to be tough from a young age," I said mockingly. "Babe, he'll still be a bad ass, just an emotionally stable one."

I headed off down the hallway with Jax yelling behind me about how he is emotionally stable.

"Daddy is gonna be the death of me," I said to Abel as I sat him down and got him some breakfast. I started a pot of coffee and made Jax and I some omelets.

I heard Jax's voice down the hall and instantly knew our family day was over. I pretended I hadn't heard him as he approached the kitchen still on the phone.

That was at least a good sign. He never took MC phone calls too close to me.

"Love you too mom," he said before closing his phone. He was wearing a gray hoodie and some jeans. Maybe I'd be able to convince him the holsters and kutte had to stay off on his days off.

"What did she want?" I asked as he sighed. I grabbed a couple plates and sat some food down in front of him. I got us each some coffee, receiving several kisses as thanks. When I sat down he started explaining as we ate.

"Apparently she had the same great idea that you did to spend the day tomorrow making Christmas cookies. Whole club affair," he said. "She wants us to spend the night with her and Clay tonight as some sort of family bonding bullshit. Then tomorrow the whole club is invited to spend the day at Gemma and Clays making Christmas cookies."

"We can go," I said. "I mean, if you want."

"You sure?" He asked.

"She's still your mom even if she pisses me off," I said. "Besides, my mom should be there to keep her in line."

"Thanks babe," he said. Abel had finished and was yelling from his high chair. Jax stood up and took him out of the chair, sitting down again and continuing to eat as he bounced Abel.