Chapter 37

The next few days flew by and before long it was Christmas Eve. I'd gotten us all matching pajamas and I was beyond excited so when Jax walked in the door from the club meeting he had to go to, I was ready to have him open them.

"Baby, Christmas isn't til tomorrow," he said as he walked into the living room. Abel and I were laying on the couch together and watching The Tangerine Bear, or at least I was.

"I know," I said. "Just a little something for Christmas Eve."

"They better not be matching pajamas," he said.

"But they're cute," I said instantly going to defend myself as he sat down by my head and I placed my head in his lap.

"Baby," he said. "Do I look like cute is the aesthetic I'm going for?"

"Um always," I said with a smile.

"It's a good thing I love you," he said.

"Oh I'm aware," I said.

It fell silent as we finished watching the movie. When it ended, I muted the tv and looked up at Jax.

"What time did you tell people to be here tomorrow?"

"Well, Mom is still insistent that we go there," he said. "Chibs is going to get here about 11."

"Good that's what time I told my mom," I said. "Try one more time with Gemma, please. I know how much this will mean to her being Abel's first Christmas and all."

"She's just not used to being somewhere other than her place for this type of stuff," he said.

"Maybe try Clay?" I suggested.

"Why don't you try?" He asked.

"Get Gemma on the phone and I will," I said. He grabbed his cell and dialed her number, talking to her for a minute before handing me the phone.

"Hello Gemma," I said.

"Hey baby, what's up?" She asked.

"Jax and I know how much it means to you to be here for Abel's first Christmas and all. We just really wanna do it here. My mom and Chibs are coming at 11 and it would mean the world to us if you and Clay were here too."

"Jax put you up to this?" She asked.

"No ma'am," I said. "I am talking to you of my own free will. I just cherish Christmas too much to not want it to be perfect. The only way that's gonna happen is if Abel's grandparents are here."

"You three are going to put me in an early grave I swear," she said. "We'll be there at 11. What do you need me to bring?"

"I guess a dessert if you've got something planned otherwise we are set," i said.

"You two didn't plan on a dessert?"

"We did. Mom's bring a pie and we have cookies still. It's just that if you were planning on making a pie or something, it'd be more than welcomed," I said.

"Alright," she said. "I'll be there with an apple pie at 11."

"Thank you Gemma," I said.

"I love you guys," she said.

"We love you too," I said and the line went dead.

"You got her to agree?" Jax asked.

"Yep," I said. "Didn't take to much effort at all."

"Fine just rub it in why don't ya?" He said sarcastically. Abel shifted a little in his sleep and caught Jax's attention.

"Do you ever think about having more kids?" Jax asked.

"Yeah," I said softly. "I mean someday when we're ready."

"Why not now?" He asked. "Abel will be over a year by the time you give birth."

"Two under two sounds like a lot baby," I said.

"I know," he said. "It's just, I don't know. I wasn't really around for Wendy like I should've been. Maybe our little guy would've been healthier or something."

I sat up and turned to face him, causing Abel to wake up in the process. He started wiggling around and grabbing for things, causing Jax to pick him up and set him on his lap.

"Wendy's choices are not your fault baby. She was a junkie. She would've gotten that fix whether you were here, the clubhouse, or half way across the world."

"Sorry, just a lot going on in my head today," he said. I kissed his cheek gently.

"Don't apologize for it," I said. "And for the record, I can't wait to have a kid with you that is part me, but for now, Abel has to be our priority."

"I know baby," he said. "But someday-."

"We can have three more if you want. As long as they're spaced out a bit."

"I love you baby, now let's get into these present under the tree," he said. Abel seemed happier as I grabbed the presents and took them back to the couch for us to open.

Jax had to give in and admit that they were cute. Plus we all matched and looked even more like a family which is really all either of us ever wanted.