Chapter 19 Ironwood's Contribution

Start from the beginning

As the group done their tasks and had a fire going, they made a circle around it with their sleeping bags nearby.

Ruby: Did you guys ever have to set up camp before during your war?

Marcus:No not really. We had bases in certain areas but other than that no.

Ruby:So some rest was very rare to get unless you got rid of the enemies and done your mission?

Cole: Yes and no Rosebud, there were always new missions coming and going after each one we done.

Clayton: Ya even plenty of rescue missions or convoy missions, citizen evacuations.

Baird: Also dodging bullets from the stranded if you got too close to their camps.

Cole:Ya that too.

Weiss:So the stranded were those who stayed behind in their destroyed city?

Clayton:Ya and really wanted to be left alone by the COG so they would salvage weapons from nearby battlefields and train themselves to use them in case of Locust attack or any COG soldiers showing up.

Marcus: I remember stopping some stranded from taking COG weapons from a crashed Revan when the soldiers were still alive just wounded from the impact.

Blake:That's just sick..you soldiers needed your guns more than they did right?

Baird: Well since the Locust came up it was basically every Human for theirselves at that point which really I didn't understand the division between our soldiers and citizens..we all needed to fight together if we were to really beat the Locust.

Cole:We even brought in some old friends well they were once our biggest enemy before the Locust.

Weiss: The..what was it?

Blake:UIR?

Baird:That's right, they helped us in some battles but not all of them.

Ruby: Well I mean you both had a common enemy now which meant a common goal.

Cole:Right but they were still bitter about the Pendulm Wars.

Yang:The war between you guys and the UIR right?

Marcus:Ya that's right.

Clayton looks and sees Benjamin is already asleep and so is Qrow and Oscar.

Clayton:Well they went out like lights.

Baird:As will the Locust when their time comes.

Marcus: I think we should do the same and get some sleep, got a lot of recon to do if we are to find Salem's Palace.

The group decides to get some rest for their journey to hopefully put an end to this.

As they awake from their slumber they see Benjamin has already packed his stuff away on the bullhead and was waiting for the others to awake so they can get moving.

Benjamin:Rise and shin buttercups.

Baird:You are up early.

Benjamin:Wanna get a headstart on tearing the camp down and get moving incase of any Locust patrols.

Clayton:Smart thinking but if a patrol was nearby they would have found us already.

Ruby: Clayton is right, we could have been killed in our sleep if a patrol was close.

Cole: Who was on watch?

Weiss: I thought it was Oscar.

Ren: No. Nora and I were on watch.