Chapter 29

"Sooo... you really do love me?" Emma teases into Regina's ear as they begin to clear up the table.
"Oh do shut up, Swan." Regina rebuttals with a smirk as she busies herself with the trash.
"Oh come on, Regina." She plays as she continues to help. "Can you blame me for being excited about the hottest woman in town expressing her love for me?"
Regina turns and rolls her eyes but the smirk stays fixed in place.
"Just you wait until you have to go through that with my mother."
"Oh no." Emma's face drops and Regina snickers.
"Relax, saviour. You'll be fine... I think."
"Regina!" Emma playfully hits her on the arm.
"Saviour?" MM interjects curiously
"Oh." Regina composes herself, her walls coming back up. "With Emma being the product of true love, she's prophesied as the saviour of the people."
"I have magic too." Emma excitedly interrupts. "Regina's gonna teach me."
Regina smiles tightly, still feeling a little awkward being in such close proximity to the charming's.
"Oh, Emma!" MM sighs in delight. "That's great." She hugs her daughter a little overbearingly. "But are you sure you want to start using magic? You know it-"
"It always come with a price. I'm going to prepare her for that. And whatever else may threaten her." Regina interjects formally, stifling an eye roll at Snow's apprehension.
"Whatever else may threaten her?" David questions Regina's words.
"Yes. Just look how much has happened since Emma and I..." She falters, feeling uncomfortable again talking about the charming's daughter.
"I just want to be sure. I want to be able to protect myself and my people. If I'm the saviour I have to step up to the plate. I have to do something to help." Emma finishes for Regina.
A proud expression graces both of her parent's faces before they decide to open their mouth.
"That's all well and good Emma but I don't think you realis-"
"Mom." Emma harshly interrupts, attempting to keep her frustration at bay. "I know you always want to do what's best for me but I'm an adult now. I make my own choices."
"Emma, we're just trying to make sure all your decisions are your own. You've been so different ever since-"
"Since I've been around?" Regina coldly cuts in, her eyebrow sliding up her forehead and her arms crossing over her chest.
"Yes." David challenges in return.
Before Regina's anger can escalate any further, Emma steps forward.
"I'm not here to have this conversation with you both. I came here to make peace and share parts of my life that mean a lot to me. Sometimes I just want you to be supportive without always trying to be good or noble. That's not how real-life works!"
"This is hard for us, Emma. I mean, can you blame us?" MM softly adds. "We're trying so hard but so much has happened. We just want the best for you. I just want to make sure that you're going to be okay all the time."
"Mom," Emma'a tone softens at her mother's outpouring. "I get that, I really do. And I know it's going to be hard for you to accept but I'm not just your daughter anymore. I'm Emma. I'm an adult. I'm the saviour, for gods sake. It's not your responsibility to make sure I'm alright. It's mine now. I just need you both to try to love and support me, please?"
"Of course, Emma." MM sniffles into her embrace as David joins in.
Emma reaches out a hand a squeezes Regina's. The brunette's heart swells, although you'd never know it; finally feeling included in a loving family, even if it is her enemy's, means a lot to her.
"Regina. You better keep her safe." David adds, half serious, half joking.
Regina gives a single nod and a slightly less tight smile in agreement.

"Well. That was unbearable." Regina deadpans as her and Emma walk down the Main Street.
Emma shoots her a look. "What? Did you really think I'd enjoy spending time loving it up with the Charming's over lunch?"
"Regina." Emma rolls her eyes. "I thought you said you'd changed?"
"I have!" She defends. "Emma, I used to be the Evil Queen. I did terrible things to innocent people. But it's not as simple as waking up a hero. I'm not like you. I need to learn to be good, and to like your parents, as hard as that's gonna be."
"Well, I'm proud of you. For owning your past and working on yourself. But, for the record..." Emma begins to smirk. "Can you do terrible things to me?"
Regina matches her smirk, rolling her eyes again but holding back a grin.
"You are ridiculous, Miss Swan."
"You know I've often imagined you in those grand outfits. Thought about how sexy you'd look. I'm jealous of anyone who got to see that cleavage." Emma shuts the door behind them as they finally reach home.
Regina smirks harder, an eyebrow lifting as she steps toward Emma.
"Oh, Princess Emma." She purrs. "Imagine how upset your parents would be to hear how their precious daughter fantasises about their enemy."
"Or how the 'enemy' has her way with me after a family dinner..."
"Miss Swan, as much as I would love to grant you that wish..." Regina muses as her fingers tangle in Emma's hair. "I do have to work today."
Emma pouts.
"What kind of job have you got to do? You're not really an English teacher, you know that right, Regina?"
Regina scoffs at her stupid humour.
"Yes, Em-ma. I know that. If you remember correctly it was my curse that made this stupid town."
"So..." Emma drawls. "Can't you just stay home and I'll help you forget about everything else." She pulls Regina up against her as her hands snake round to grab her ass softly.
Regina holds back a moan.
"What have you done to me?" She moans. "I used to be able to control everyone and now I can't even control myself around you."
"What can I say, your majesty? A girl can't help but touch." She kisses her girlfriend softly before Regina pulls away.
"I have to get back to my vault. I need to figure out a plan or have something ready to combat the Queen. If I stay here and do as you wish, Princess, I may not have a saviour to come back to."
Emma smiles softly at her words before placing another tender kiss to her lips.
"I love you." She whispers.
"I love you too. I'll be back to continue this little performance later."