c h a p t e r 13

"I have to go Hotch, I can't keep Spencer waiting" you say removing your arms from around his neck. "You really can't come over like last night baby?" He asked removing himself from your body. You frowned and shook your head no. He took your hand in his and gave it a kiss. "Stay safe and call me when your out okay?" He said looking into your eyes. His eyes had this little sparkle to them which was very adorable. You nodded and kissed him on the lips before you both went back to the other room with Spencer. Spencer already knew about the dinner but not that you and Hotchner were a couple so you still had to hide it from him. At least for a while. You first wanted to ask Hotch if he was okay with Spencer knowing.

"Spencer, Y/N will help you today's papers so we don't fall behind okay? Don't tell the team but I won't count this against you. If you need anything let me know" Hotchner said handing you some files. Spencer nodded and put his book away. "Thanks Hotch" he said going up to him. You were now standing between the both men. "Well I'll see you guys tomorrow, don't stay here t0o late" he said walking over to the door. "Bye Hotch" you and Spencer said at the same time.

You smiled a bit at the fact that you both synchronized. Hotch walked out and closed the door. "Okay Spence" you say grabbing his hand. You pulled him back to the table were you had all the paperwork. "It's quite a bit but I'll do most of it" you say grabbing a stack of papers. Usually there isn't much papers to do but there was files from other cases that still needed to be filled out. You sat down and patted the chair next to you for Spencer to sit down. He obliged and sat down.

"Did you sleep good?" you say starting to fill out some paper. "A little but I couldn't really relax knowing everyone was probably judging me" he said taking a pen out his shirt. "Don't worry Spence everyone has bad days. We don't judge you for having one too" you say looking over at him and smiling. He smiled for a split second and returned back to his paper. "So you and Hotch huh?" He asked. You could sense the tension now.

"It was just dinner Spence.. nothing special really" you say focusing on your paper. You've gotten good at lying. Sometimes you had to lie to creeps or random people who seemed suspicious to you. "Did he treat you right?" Spencer asked dropping his pen and looking over at you. You could feel his eyes on you but still kept working. If you locked eyes then you wouldn't be able to lie. "That's a silly question" you said letting out a small laugh. "Treated me like a friend... same way he treats you, Emily , JJ, Garcia... and everyone else" you say.

Spencer let out a sigh and went back to his papers. "I suppose" he said. You both made small talk until you felt like Spencer would be more comfortable talking about what's going on. It took an hour but you felt like you were ready to ask. "Sooo... Spence if you feel okay talking about it.. what's wrong?" you asked dropping your pen and turning your attention to him. He looked up from his paper and looked at you for a second before looking back down.

"Spencer" you say placing your hand on top of his

"Spencer" you say placing your hand on top of his. "It's okay" you whispered. He looked back up and his eyes met yours. "Y/N... I-" he said before taking in a deep breath. "I love you... more than a friend. I knew a few months ago when you were the only one who laugh at my science joke. I knew you were the only one who would be perfect for me and would be able to understand me. You are so beautiful to me y/n. All your flaws that you always complain about are perfect to me. Whenever I make you laugh it's like I found life's meaning. I never told you because of Hotch.. when he asked you for dinner I knew it was over for me" he said looking deep into your e/c eyes.

words:744

Cliff hanger!!!! I'm writing second chapter tonight though!! STAY TUNED!