c h a p t e r 10

You woke up to Aaron's alarm clock on his phone. You forgot you had agreed to stay over last night. The phone was being annoying and loud until you reached for it to turn it off. Hotch didn't seem to notice because he was still fast asleep. You slid out his arms and off the couch. It was only 7am an hour before worked started so you decided to let him sleep and get ready. You didn't have a new pair of clothes so you went to look for anything you could wear in Hotchner's closet. Maybe he wouldn't mind and if he questioned it then you would just explain to him how you have no change of clothes.

You found a brown quarter zip and a white button up to wear under. You had to wear the same pants again but that was okay with you. You locked the door and began to put his clothes on. As soon as you  slipped it over your head it smelled just like him. He smelled like expensive cologne and a hint of some type of woodsy scent. You took the scent in and smiled. It was nice knowing you made Aaron feel relaxed last night. The team rarely gets time to even kick back and relax. You finished getting ready and went back into the living room. Hotchner was still on the couch sleeping like a baby.

You looked at the kitchen and saw that everything was still left the way it was last night. You set some water aside to boil for coffee and started to clean up. After a while of cleaning and washing the dishes everything was spotless. You walked over to the stove were the water was ready for a cup of coffee. You were too concentrated in not burning yourself that you didn't notice Hotch had woken up. You felt his arms wrap around you and his head rest on the crook of your neck. You set the kettle down and turned around. "Slept good?" You asked smiling at him.

His hair was messy and his eyes were a little puffy. "I slept amazing" he said pulling you in for a kiss. You kissed back and pulled away before things got to heated. "I made you a cup" you say turning your head over to the counter where both cups were placed. He smiled and let go of your waist.
***
"Hey Spence" you say walking into the work building. "Hey" he said back sounding monotone. He looked tired and his eyes were red and puffy. You forgot about the way he was acting last night until you saw him. He looked pretty bad. "What's wrong?" You ask stopping in your tracks. You held his arm and stoped him as well. "Nothing" he said pulling his arm from your grip. Why was he now mad? He walked away and left you standing there like an idiot.

You brushed it off and walked into the room where everyone was there. Everyone besides Hotch. "Hey guys" you say flashing them a smile. They all greeted you back with smiles as well. You went to sit down in your chair next to JJ and Emily. "Hey, do you guys know what's up with Spence?" you ask them setting your bag down. "I was about to ask you the same thing" JJ said furrowing her eyebrows. "He's been acting off since yesterday and you can clearly tell he's been crying" Emily pointed out.

"Yeah his eyes are red and puffy" JJ added. "Do you think it's a family problem?" You asked setting down some papers you grabbed out of your bag. The three of you could've easily profiled Spencer but everyone made a promise to one another to not profile each other. "Not sure" Emily said. The three of you were staring at Spencer. He was sitting further away from everyone and was reading some type of book. You stared until Hotch entered the room. You turned your head and saw him. He flashed you a warm smile which caused you to turn red. You turned your head back around and looked down at the table so you could hide your redness.