Chapter 4

Billy had managed to carry Steve into his room and set him on his bed. Steve didn't want to let go of Billy, having his arms wrapped around Billy's neck.
"Come on buddy... gotta let go..." the blonde chuckled.
Steve carefully opened his eyes and looked at Billy. He blinked slowly suddenly let go. "Billy-? What... what are you doing here?" He asked, looking around, "where are the kids-? How did I get here..?"

"Shh hey hey- it's okay. No need to worry. Just calm down," Billy said as he sat down beside Steve, starting to stroke the little's hair. "You had a nightmare and went into little space. Kids said you were cryin for me so... here I am. Everyone is safe.."

Steve clearly didn't like that answer, he shoved Billy away and said, "I did not! I don't need you- I would never ask for you!"

"Come on Steve... don't be like that... what will make you change your mind about me?" Billy asked, "I just want to take care of you."

"Well.. if you can prove that you're a good caretaker, then I'll think about it. Help me watch over the kids and help out when I need you to. And if I... if I do go into little space... you have to keep the kids away form me. I don't want them seeing me like that again..." Steve said, speaking firmly.
Billy nodded and told him that he could do that. That he would watch over him whenever he needed. And Steve seemed to accept that answer.

"Cool... okay good. Now let's go back and watch them..." Steve said and he started to get up. But a hand soon pulled him back down on the bed.
"Ah ah- I just carried you up here. Plus, the kids are fine. They're playing their little game. Let's spend some time together, okay?" Billy said and tugged Steve between his legs.

"Fine fine! Okay...." Steve grumbled and crossed his arms.
Billy smiled and turn the radio on that was next to Steve's bed.
"So... what do I...." Steve started but Billy cut him off.
"Shhh- just relax, buddy. I'm gonna protect you. You don't need to worry about anything, okay?" The Californian caregiver smiled, "just try and drift off. Maybe go into little space if you want?"
He started playing with Steve's hair with one hand, having the other wrapped around his waist.

Steve was surprised to find that he felt safe other Billy. Like he could go into little space around him... but the caregiver still hadn't proven himself yet. He wasn't going to give in that easily. The brunette just let his eyes flutter shut and he slowly fell asleep, not having a single bad dream or nightmare.