MY ONLY WISH | donah (2)

-gloomgirls -goldenyrs part 2 ! 😄👍🏽

MY ONLY WISH (pt 2)
donah

IN WHICH
he only wishes he'll come back

SONG
my only wish - brittney spears 

"jo?"

"yes, dani?"

"you have to let go."

"i can't, i'm not ready."

"'m cold, jo. i need to go."

"if i hold you, could i keep you warm?"

"i'm sorry, bubby."

"5 more minutes? please?"

churches are for worshipping. for weddings. baptizing. 

they're also for funerals.

more specifically, daniel's.

corbyn could've glared at how bright out it was that day. how the birds chirped happily along in the sky, how the clouds seemed to part for the sun, letting her rays bestow down on the land. 

it wasn't a happy day.

it shouldn't have been a sunny day.

it was the day he had to bury his best friend.

the group had to guide jonah into the church. holding onto his numb form for the boy to stay upright as opposed to crumbling to his knees. 

jack kept a hand in jonah's throughout the reception. rubbing small circles into the pale knuckles of the brunette's right hand. squeezing gently every time he caught the older's eyes well up with tears as another memory was shared from the stage.

"you don't have to go up there, jonah. no one expects you too."

zach whispered the tale into the shell of his ear, a gentle reminder to the brunette as to not jar his fragile being. jonah merely blinked distantly at the younger brunette, eyes empty, tears built up behind the hazel of his sad gaze before tenderly shoving himself off the seat.

"do you remember when i first slept over here?"

"yeah, the nurses got so mad that you snuck in."

"when they found you all cuddled up to me in the morning, i think they realized they couldn't separate us. nothing can."

"jo.."