Arc 1.4-1.6: Terminal Supermarket

Ch4 - I Have A Bold Idea

Under Lin Yan's crowd control, everyone forcibly suppressed the terror in their hearts and headed for the warehouse. None of the players spoke on the way, and the atmosphere was very stagnant; for a long time, it was impossible to get rid of the shadow and fear of death.

They arrived at the door to the warehouse; it was a heavy steel door, and the key was missing.

Lin Yan pointed at the remaining three men — Xiao Lan, the sleeve tattoo gangster, and the boyfriend — then said, "You three, find something to break the door down with."

The boyfriend was somewhat vigilant. "Is breaking down the door considered... a foul?"

Hearing that, everyone recalled how the bald, middle-aged man had been swallowed up by the escalator after three warnings; not only did it give them goosebumps, even the sleeve tattoo gangster, who had been about to use a steel pipe that he had found, paused.

Lin Yan glared coldly at the boyfriend. "I've said before: I'll only help you if you cooperate with me. Don't forget whose suggestions you relied on to pass the last selection!"

The boyfriend couldn't help withering under Lin Yan's gaze. Currently, they were under Lin Yan's protection; if they became worthless, this highly experienced veteran player might discard them without hesitation. He looked at his girlfriend, gritted his teeth, and turned to go and look for a tool.

Xiao Lan pretended to look for a tool, and when he turned to leave the group, he asked softly, "Luo, do you know if there are any consequences to damaging the environment?"

【Based on my understanding, damaging the setting will draw the boss's attention and increase the risk of death for players. If the degree of damage exceeds 30%, the boss may directly attack the players】

【Based on your current strength, I believe this sort of behavior can be termed as: courting death】

Black handwriting appeared on the floor in time with Xiao Lan's footsteps, and the words 'courting death' were even especially bolded.

Xiao Lan: "..." You really are an honest little fellow.

After walking for a bit, Xiao Lan saw an overturned cupboard on one side.

Xiao Lan stepped forward, opened the cupboard doors, and went through it meticulously. Suddenly, he reached inside and picked up a small box. A crafty smile appeared on his face. "Then isn't it fine, as long as it isn't damaged?"

He returned to the group.

Lin Yan looked at Xiao Lan's empty hands and his tone was a little harsh. "Why don't you have a tool? The three of you are responsible for everyone's lives; do you want everyone to fail to pass?"

Everyone looked at Xiao Lan with some dissatisfaction, as if he owed them some great kindness and ended up becoming a white wolf. It was only the short-haired schoolgirl who gave Lin Yan a complicated look before she lowered her head.

On the contrary, Xiao Lan smiled. "Since everyone values their lives so much, how can you be reassured in handing this over to three strangers like us? How about everyone do it together?"

When he said that, his gaze swept over the group.

Those who met his gaze all awkwardly avoided his eyes. No one knew if anything would happen if the door was broken down. Why would they do it themselves when they could push someone else to their deaths while standing on the moral high ground?

Lin Yan frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I'm saying that time is limited, so let's not waste it on such idiotic and dangerous actions." With that, Xiao Lan stood in front of the warehouse door and took out a paper clip from his pocket.