Chapter 1

-   -   -   -

THIRD PERSON POV

He paced back and forth, scratching the back of his neck hard enough to leave marks and blood. The gold chain with a cross on it dangled side to side. The surrounding area stood silent. So silent you could here the contact between nail and skin, and the little cling noise the necklace made as it swang.

The silence broke. The god of death sensed another's presence but didn't dare turn around. "What are you so nervous about Inei?" The shinigami spoke from a distance. His raspy voice sending chills down the others spine from the sudden social interaction.

Inei didn't say much. His feet hit the ground as he walked past his friend. Dust flew from under his steps. The shinigami realm was a dark and gloomy place after all.

His movements suddenly stopped. The place grew quiet once again. The tension between the two growing more and more by the second. Not facing the other embarrassed, he sighed. "I pulled a Ryuk."

His friend stood in thought before answering. He chuckled, not from humor but from confusion. "What?"

The worked up one turned his head to the side. Finally meeting his eyes with the others. Although they remained a bright red, the worry in them stood out so much, it was easy to tell something was wrong.

"I dropped my Death Note,"

~   ~   ~   ~

THIRD PERSON POV

She laid her head back looking at the stars. Her eyes followed each and everyone, searching for constellations and the moon. Y/N always admired the sky, especially at night. Earth is a chaotic place, and it alway will be. Crimes lured from all around the world, leaving the people who did good to suffer and cry.

But the sky. The clouds always stayed white and fluffy. The stars continued to shine bright. The sun and moon took turns throughout the day. Overall the sky will always be more peaceful then this world.

However, there were others who thought the same. That the world would be so much better if evil would vanish. Sure enough people tried to protest and make their voice stand out. But the power of society would never let a selected group of people prove a point.

Kira, many believed that he will bring justice to this world. That he will be this planets savior. That he will get rid of all people that have done bad and put this universe into it's place. Many people believed that Kira will soon become a God amongst them all. Y/N just so happens to be one of these people.

Recently the world has changed. People with criminal records began dying of heart attacks suddenly. The rate at which the evil died went up each day. And eventually the humans of the earth figured it was no coincidence. Someone was causing these deaths, thinking they would affect society for the better. Nobody knew how they did it. Or where they may be, or even who they are. This person believed they were doing good. And that is Kira.

Y/N L/N POV

I turned to the black cat next to me. The darkness that lured outside made it hard to see her. I brushed my fingers through her fur, from the top of her head to the start of her tail. "Do you think Kira will save us Lucy?" I picked the cat up, holding like it was my baby. The cat jumped out my arms, walking to the other side of the roof. "I guess not," 

I looked back up to the moon. "I think he will Lucy, I know he will,"

THIRD PERSON POV

The pages ruffled in the wind. The book itself twisting and turning. Falling further and further, waiting to be picked up by the right soul. Eventually it hit the ground, the back of the leather book flat on the concrete roof. The silver skull drawn of the front facing up to the sky. 

Her eyes followed the book as it fell down. Almost memorized from the notebook falling. The sound of it hitting the cement startled her a little. She sat up grabbing the cat. "Did you see that Lucy?" she asked as if the cat could talk. "A book just fell from the sky."

She crawled from her position, keeping her body low, the kitten following close behind. She peered her head up looking at the book. It seemed normal, looking back at the animal for reassurance, she touched the book.  

A spark flew through her veins. It felt like the same sensation as goosebumps except no hair stood up on her skin. The woman suddenly felt the urge to touch the book again. With two hands she picked it up, caressing the cover. She traced the skull with her index finger before flipping to open to the first page. 

"How to use," she read. "The human whose name is written in this note shall die." She chuckled to herself, after reading the first rule. Although her brain thought that this is some foolish prank by a bunch of children, her heart wanted her to read on, so she did. 

"This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected." she laughed again. "What a dark prank, right Lucy?" she joked but her mood changed when she faced her pet. The cat showed great fear within it, its body trembled and her tail shook aggressively with nervousness. 

She continued worried, was the cat telling her something? "If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen." She paused, her eyebrows furrowing. "If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack." Her eyes widened when she read the last sentence. She felt her heart stop, no, she felt the whole world stop. And her stomach gave such a twirl, but not of excitement. 

She remained sitting and stunned. Y/N didn't dare read the next page, but little did she know this book would become part of her daily routine. Her eyes remained still, as if she had just been traumatized. "Lucy," she finally blurted out. 

The cat came out from under her coat. Other people may think Y/N is crazy for talking to a cat. But as far as she's concerned, this small house pet, is the only living thing she has to love. "Do you know what this means?" Her eyes stayed fix on the book.

The animal came close, rubbing themselves against Y/N's leg. Except it didn't feel the same loving comforting feeling from its owner. Instead it felt cold, like someone or something had possessed her from caring about anything. 

Y/N answered her question. "There's a possibility, that this book is what Kira uses to kill." Her own sentence scared her. The city stood silent around her. Like all that needed attention right now was this notebook. 

Her laugh broke the scary feeling, but it was a laugh of pure wicked. "Lucy!" she spoke loudly jumping up from the positions she's been in for a while. "This is a gift from the sky!" Her arms spreading out she threw her head up closing her eyes, yelling with pride. The birds on the next buildings flew away. And at this point Lucy knew, the kind hearted girl that took care of her, was gone. 

"This was meant for me, it's fate," she held the book tight in her arms. The wind blew her hair from her face. Her facial features becoming clear, demonstrating her true beauty. She looked down to the buildings and cars of the city. A tear dripped down her face, but she couldn't tell if it was from happiness or sadness. "I have to do it. I will find you Kira, and together...

We will fix the world." 

A/N: Heyyy 😏, lol but um this is a DeathNote UA bc its my favorite anime and I rlly wanted to write about it. I hope you guys like it and consider it just a sneak peek. I'm not sure when the rest will come out. We'll see :)