Chapter 22: Casual Conversations with Titans

Start from the beginning

Zoe unwrapped the bandages from her stomach as Percy went to the bathroom and grabbed a cup of water. He came out and sat beside her as she revealed the wound on her stomach.

"A flesh wound?" Percy asked incredulously.

Zoe rolled her eyes, "Just heal it if you're going to."

The water floated from the cup and onto Zoe's wound before Percy put his hand over it, a soft glow covering the wound area. Zoe tensed a bit until Percy grabbed her hand with his free one. After a few minutes, Percy removed his hand to reveal the wound healed with the exception of a small scar the size of the sword blade.

"There; good as new." Percy said as he wiped the sweat away from his brow.

Zoe smiled at him before looking worried, "Did the Titans take the bridge?"

"What bridge?" Percy asked mischievously. "No, they didn't and that part of their army no longer exists."/

"Good," Zeus said. "Maybe it'll be easier then."

"It won't be," Athena said.

"I said maybe," Zeus said.

/"What? How? You sent the Apollo cabin back." Zoe asked confused.

Percy shrugged, "The Williamsburg Bridge is at the bottom of the East River along with that part of the Titan Army. Except for Ethan, the one who stabbed you, he is downstairs tied up; I thought you might want a little time alone with him later."

Zoe looked at Percy surprised, "A little angry were you?" She asked with an eyebrow raised./

"A little," Percy said.

/Percy rolled his eyes, "You took that blade for me. I'd be dead right now if you hadn't."

"And I told you that you'll need to learn how to protect yourself eventually; apparently you don't listen well." She replied with a smirk.

"Whatever Zoe.... Thank you." Percy said with a small smile.

They both sat on the bed silently for a few minutes until Percy spoke, "You should get some rest. The fighting will most likely resume in the morning." He said as he stood up only for Zoe to grab his hand.

"Stay. You need to rest too. The curse makes you tire more quickly than you usually would." Zoe said softly./

"With great power comes a great need to take a nap," Nico said.

/Percy was a little surprised but nodded and laid down on the bed. Zoe laid down beside him with her head resting on his shoulder as they both drifted off to sleep.

Line Break

Percy awoke to the gasping of someone standing over him. He opened his eyes to find Thalia staring at him with wide eyes.

Percy looked beside him to find Zoe still sleeping peacefully with her head resting on his shoulder. He gently slipped out from underneath her, glaring at Thalia to keep her mouth shut. He rolled out of bed and slipped out of the room with Thalia trailing behind him.

"Well I didn't think you had it in you Death Breath." Thalia said smirking once they were outside the room.

Percy rolled his eyes, "We were just sleeping and I don't want to hear it. Why are you here?"/

"Don't want to see your favorite cousin?" Thalia asked.

"You're not my favorite," Percy said with a smirk.