"Oh my God!" She screams, running her tongue down the middle of the picture just to make Monica even more upset and then handed it over to the stunned girl, even I was shocked at what she had just done and made a mental reminder to never touch that particular picture again

"That's okay, I know that you're very upset right now." Monica took several deep breaths as she put the picture with the others in her hand. "I know that wasn't about me."

Joey lowered his voice and talked to Chandler. "I bet it was about her a little."

"If you stopped thinking about Ross for a minute, you would notice there were great guys everywhere." Monica looked around the room before her eyes landed on one person in particular. "Look, Gunther, I mean, he's nice, he's cute."

"Yeah, I guess Gunther is..."

"What about that guy over there?" I pointed out, noticing a cute guy next to the window and tried to ignore that Joey was glaring at me because I shouldn't be pointing out cute guys to my friends. "He's good looking and he's reading, which means that...well, it means that he can read."

Monica tried to help me out. "That is the guy you flirted with at the counter that time."

"I don't know." Rachel slid further into her seat, worried about doing something that would embarrass herself.

"You're going to talk to him. We made a deal, I make your decisions and I say, you're going to talk to him."

"Alright, you're the boss. I guess I got to do what you tell me." Rachel shrugs, standing up from her seat and brushing herself down.

Joey winked at her as she walked over to the cute guy. "Say that to him and you're golden."

Ignoring my boyfriend's rude remarks, Rachel went to talk to the cute guy that would hopefully take her mind off Ross which we were all hoping because she had been upset about the whole thing for too long. And the way this marriage was going, we knew that soon Ross would also be upset and then we would be dealing with two heartbroken friends for different reasons and we didn't want that. Phoebe came into the Coffee House and sat in the armchair that Rachel had just given up, her baby bump getting bigger and bigger every time we saw her and soon, she would be having the little ones. It was hard to believe that she was going to technically be a Mother soon but she also wouldn't be because she was giving the babies to her brother and his wife. A part of me wanted to experience what she was going to experience and the other part of me didn't because as great as the outcome would be, there's a lot that you have to do before that and that just seemed like too much right now.

"Hey Phoebe, we got our pictures back from London." Monica said excitedly, happy to show off her developed pictures to someone who might be a little more enthusiastic than Rachel was. "Here's all of us at the Tower of London..."

Phoebe surprises us and takes the pictures angrily. "Oh, yeah, there we all are. There's Ross and Joey and you and..." She picks up a sharpie pen and draws a little stick person onto the picture, almost killing Monica in the process. "And me."

"We've been talking about London too much, haven't we?" Chandler noted, and we all agreed that it wasn't fair on Phoebe to keep going on about a trip which she wasn't able to join us for.

"No, I'm sorry. It's just because I couldn't be there, because all I ever get to do now is pregnant stuff. And it just bums me out."

"Sorry." We all say, ashamed at ourselves for not taking her feelings into account, because what we had been doing was really crappy and it made us bad friends for not making her feel included. But we perked up when Rachel came back over and leaned on the arm of the armchair.

"What happened?" I asked, excited to know what was going on.

"Well, you know, a little of this and a little of that." Rachel seemed happier already and Monica and I shared a knowing glance. "I got myself a date tomorrow night."

"See? Didn't I tell you? You're getting over Ross already."

We all felt awful about not including Phoebe in conversations since we had gotten back from the wedding from hell and knew that the only way to cheer her up was by taking her on her own trip so that she could enjoy friendly time with everyone before the babies were born. We knew that we couldn't travel far because of how pregnant she was and Ross came up with the idea of going to Atlantic City which we all agreed on and even Phoebe seemed excited about the trip. Everyone was packed and ready to go when the boys came into the apartment that day, ready to spend some quality time together before everyone's lives changed dramatically and Phoebe had triplets.

"Hey, come on!" Ross shouted as he pushed open the door to Monica and Rachel's apartment, causing the girls who were all ready to go, to turn their heads in that direction.

Chandler cheered, hoping to keep the mood this positive and enthusiastic because that was what Phoebe would want, she wanted to get excited about this trip. "Atlantic City!"

"Atlantic City, baby." Phoebe coined the phrase that everyone was used to by now, thanks to Joey and his catchphrase from London; but we were all just glad that our friend was enjoying herself for the first time in a long time because pregnancy had changed her. "Oh, let's roll some bones! Hey Joey, high-five for rolling bones."

Phoebe joins in with the boys to howl but their faces suddenly turn to disgust when they notice something on the floor and the howling turns into slight whimpers. At the same time, Ross, Chandler and Joey all take a large step back because whatever was happening to Phoebe was not something that they wanted to get infected by; if it was contagious then they didn't want to risk catching it because it was gross. Joey was the first person to speak as the others were speechless, not understanding what was going on. "Uh, Phoebe, you're leaking." That statement made the girls all look down and squealed when we realised what had happened which scared the boys more because they still didn't know what was going on. But we knew exactly what was happening now that Phoebe was stood in a puddle of water.

"Oh my God, your water broke." Monica cooed, more excited than anyone about the birth of these babies, probably even more excited than Phoebe was because she wasn't the one going through labour.

"Oh...okay." The boys chorused, slightly less grossed out now that they knew what was happening.

"Alright, well, don't worry." Phoebe shrugged, heading towards the door. "I call shotgun."

Chandler stopped her. "We have to take you to the hospital now."

"Phoebe, the babies are coming now." Ross added, as we all looked to her expectantly.

"High-five, the babies are coming!" Rachel cheered as we all celebrated by hugging and high-fiving each other because the babies were finally coming and then we would get our friend back.

This made Phoebe smile as she tried to crack a joke that everyone had said since London. "Hey, remember when my water broke?" We all laughed at her sense of humour before realising that we should probably get going otherwise the babies would be born in the back of a taxi.

a/n: thank u so much for 10k!❤️ i literally can't believe how much support this book is getting, it's unreal 🥺 -lizzie ⭐️

date published: 02/01/21