four

chapter ninety two ~ the one with the eyelash curlerHeather's POV

Heather's POV

Spending time with Joey alone, seemed to be getting easier recently because all of our other friends seemed to be busy with other things. Phoebe was getting back into dating and was enjoying spending time with several different men as she worked out what her ideal type was. Rachel was spending more time at work and was hoping to get a much better job at something that she actually enjoyed doing. Ross was still trying to work things out with Emily and was on top of that, still looking after Ben which was harder than he thought now that he was also trying to save his marriage. And then Monica and Chandler, who both seemed to be taking a keen interest in work as they both attended conferences or something, over the weekend. I thought that they had both not enjoyed their jobs that much but obviously something was going well for them to want to do their jobs on the weekend and not just in the middle of the week.

They had been acting weird ever since we got back from London but I wasn't complaining because it meant that I got more alone time with Joey and that was something that I would never get tired of. Today, because it was the weekend, I wasn't working and was spending time at Joey's apartment. In fact, I had spent the night over at his apartment but we had to be careful just in case one of our friends had walked in unannounced; so, we had a range of excuses ready to spit out if we were questioned of what was going on. Joey had turned on a movie for us to watch as we cuddled on the armchair, I was sat sideways on his thigh, my legs over his lap and he had one arm around my back, keeping me in place and the other strung across my legs, drawing patterns against the bare skin as I was wearing shorts. We were so engrossed in the cosy atmosphere that we almost forgot that Chandler was returning from his conference and Joey almost threw me across the room when we heard the front door opening.

"Hey, you're back." Joey stood up, pretending that everything was normal as I tried not to look angry as I stood up from the ground, brushing my clothes down. "How was your conference?"

"It was terrible, I fought with my colleagues the entire time." He sat in the armchair that we had been sat on moments before, turning frustrated when he felt himself sitting on a piece of candy which we had been snacking on and threw it across the room. "Are you kidding with this?"

"So, your weekend was a total bust?"

"Uh, no, I was Donald Trump waiting for an elevator."

The door opens and Monica steps into the apartment, looking upset about something and obviously wasn't expecting all of us to be in the room. "Hi."

"Hey, you're back too."

"Yeah, Chandler, can I talk to you outside for just a second?" She asked, pointing behind her.

I frowned, not understanding what was going on between them, but trying to stay out of it and asking Monica about her weekend. "How was your chef thing?"