four

chapter fifty ~ the one with a freebie listHeather's POV

Heather's POV

After the awkwardness that I had survived with Nick, now that I had rejected his offer of us moving in together, things kind of went back to normal. We were still going on dates and he seemed to have agreed that taking things slow was the best way to move through our relationship; now that we were slowing things down, conversations were about more relaxed topics rather than focusing on what future we wanted together. In the back of my mind there was still a voice asking me whether I could see a future with him, and the truth was I didn't know. Was I investing time into a relationship that was never going to go anywhere or was this just my trust issues coming into play? It was normal to have second thoughts about things, especially after having a dating history like mine, but I couldn't help but feel guilty that I wasn't telling Nick any of these things.

Despite the fact that I had ruined his plans for what our relationship was going to look like, Nick still spent time with me and hadn't mentioned the idea since it was rejected. We went to the Coffee House to meet up with my friends and things felt kind of normal; it wasn't the same as it was before he went to the convention but would they ever be the same again? It was my fault that everything had changed in a slightly negative way but I knew that I had made the right decision, it was way too soon to be moving in with him, we had only been dating for a few months and I still didn't feel like I knew him that well. My friends were being supportive which was all I could ask of them; they knew the best advice to give me and agreed that I had made the right decision; they were backing me up and I loved it. Spending time with all of them made me feel normal and helped to ignore the glances that Nick was throwing to me every five minutes. I sat with my boyfriend on the stools, Ross was on the armchair and Chandler and Monica were on the couch.

"Does anyone else think David Copperfield's cute?" Chandler asked, breaking the silence as we, all almost spat out our drinks.

Monica smirked. "No, but he told me he thinks you're a fox."

"Alright, Janice likes him. In fact, she likes him so much she put him on her freebie list."

That was enough to spike the attention of Joey as he joined them on the couch. "Her what?"

"Well, we have a deal where we each get to pick five different celebrities that we can sleep with and the other one can't get mad." Chandler explained, as we all took the time to think about what he had said, Nick and I didn't have a freebie list but it could be fun to talk about.

"Ah, the heart of every healthy relationship." Ross said as Rachel joined him on the armchair. "Honesty, respect and sex with celebrities."

"So, Chandler, who's on your list?" Monica questioned and we all waited on the edge of our seats to hear exactly what celebrities he had chosen.

"Kim Basinger, Cindy Crawford, Halle Berry, Yasmine Bleeth and Jessica Rabbit."

Rachel started laughing. "Now, you do realise that she's a cartoon and way out of your league?"