[ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ]

[ T H E  C O M E B A C K ]

[ T H E C O M E B A C K ]

To Tasha's absolute irritation, Walsh's U.S. History grade for the first quarter of the year was 78%. Brandon presented his grades to her during Hornet's class that Monday afternoon. Although Tasha was bummed about the grade for the class she aided him in, she couldn't help but be impressed by his other ones. With the C in AP U.S. History, Walsh had two B's and three A's in his other classes.

"Whatcha frowning for?"

Tasha turns her head back to him, still frowning. "You did fine in the classes that I didn't help you in. I feel personally attacked right now, Walsh."

Despite her joking tone, Tasha did feel some type of way. Walsh knew this and for some 'strange reason,' he felt the need to reassure her.

"Me ending up with a C isn't your fault," Brandon admits, "I kept fucking it up for myself before D.H. assigned you to me. I was literally on the rocks for a big, fat F before you came in and helped me boost my grade up to a C+ in less than two weeks. That's crazy wicked cool if you ask me."

Tasha, again, was very thankful for her dark skin.

She looks away from him to hide her smile, crossing her arms. "I still wanted an A."

Soon, the dismissal bell rang. The students in the class gather their things before exiting. Brandon, however, was called by Hornet before he could leave. Brandon stations himself in front of Hornet's desk, feeling both confused and nervous. Nerfused. 

Hornet's words were quick to calm him though. "I'm very happy about your comeback in this quarter, Brandon."

Brandon lets out a relieved sigh. "Oh...thanks, D.H."

"If it wasn't Tasha that was tutoring you, I would've been surprised about you passing."

Ouch. Brandon doesn't even try to hide his eye roll. "Gee thanks, D.H."

Hornet chuckles. "All jokes aside though, I will offer you a piece of advice, whether you take it or not is completely your choice." Brandon nods. "I want to see all of my students succeed, and I will try to do everything in my power to keep the progress going in every single one of you. So here's my advice: Tasha and I only agreed to her tutoring you for this quarter. But I think that with Tasha's influence your progress grows, so—"

"You're gonna convince her to keep being my tutor?"

Hornet's smile dropped. "Oh no, I'm not going through that drama again. I'm advising that you convince Tasha to keep tutoring you."