~•~A Black and Yellow Striped Christmas~•~

__________
In which Tommy gives Tubbo a Christmas present.
•(Platonic!)Fluff•
Tws- Bees I guess
(Shuddup I know bees aren't like this in real life shudduuup-)
((ATTENTION the sunflower in this is a dwarf sunflower, they are short, 1-3 feet))
__________

"Oh- Come on- Please don't-" Tommy cringed in fear as the yellow and black striped insect settled itself on his finger. Sighing in defeat, the boy nervously inched his hand towards the first surface he could find, which just happened to be a petal of a lush sunflower sitting in an adorned pot.

He leaned his finger up against the vivid yellow blossom, tracing the bee with fearful eyes as it begrudgingly made its way off his hand and onto the plant. Tommy let out a sigh of relief, lowering his hand and taking a small step back. How could Tubbo deal with having bees on and around him all the time? The blonde boy smiled, closing his eyes and giving his head a small shake. Whatever, that's what made his best friend special.

Tommy's original plan was to give Tubbo the pretty sunflower for Christmas, because he had grown it all by himself. Planted it into this very same pot when it was just a helpless little seed. He was very proud of it. It was the very first plant he had successfully raised, after all. But then this little bug decided that it was making the flower it's home. Tommy wanted to get rid of the bee at first, but then it dawned on him that his best friend was an avid bee lover. The addition would just improve his gift!

So, here he was now, unsure of what he was getting himself into. Tommy needed to keep this bee alive for a whole day because Christmas was tomorrow. How? He had absolutely no clue. Did he need to feed it? Or would it just find food itself? What did bees even eat? What did they drink?

Tommy glanced back down. The flower was thriving, lively and vibrant, probably because he had just watered it. The bee was lazing about on a petal close to the center, doing something creepy with it's little insect legs. Tommy cringed again in discomfort. But honestly, he was willing to go through the pain and fear for his best friend.

~•~

Tubbo better be thankful for this. Tommy thought grumpily. He was sitting on the plush chair in his backyard, eyes not straying from the bee. The insect was now occasionally lifting into the air to buzz merrily around the flower, only adding fuel to Tommy's anxiety. That thing could sting, and the stings were painful. Who could blame him?

By now, all hope of the bee leaving was gone. It was almost dark, around 5 pm. The blades of grass in Tommy's backyard danced in the cool, evening breeze, adorned with shadows created by the setting sun. Bird calls became less frequent, replaced by chirping cicadas and the occasional hoot of an owl. Soon, the bee would go to sleep, and stay on that flower until morning, by which point Tubbo will have probably received it.

Maybe I should name it. Tommy pondered, looking up at the soft pink and yellow toned clouds in thought. But no, I'm pretty bad at naming things. I should probably just let Tubbo do it. Maybe the bee wasn't that bad, though. Tommy looked at the tiny thing again, trying to see it in a more positive light, since it had once again started flying around in the air, this time getting frighteningly close to the poor boy.

Tommy tried to think like the bee. Feel like the bee. To be so small and fragile, would be... Pretty scary. It would also not be ideal to have your only defence be something that would kill you as soon as you used it... Maybe bees weren't so bad? Most of them were probably scared of humans, anyway. People were so much bigger and stronger than them.

Wait. There's like, no real reason to be scared of bees. Tommy's mind deadpanned. He wasn't afraid of something that wasn't couldn't inflict any real damage to him. He was not. But alas, as the bee drew closer on it's little journey away from the flower, Tommy shifted back in his chair to get farther away from it, muscles tensed up and fearful eyes not losing sight of the airborne insect.

After the bee stopped its exploration and settled back down on a petal, Tommy took a huge sigh of relief and relaxed in his chair. Then he face palmed and sighed again, because he was scared of this tiny, practically harmless insect.

"Whatever..." He grumbled out loud.

~•~

"Oh my gosh!" This was probably the most excited Tommy had seen his best friend in a while.

"Merry Christmas, big T." Tommy smiled, a proud look in his eye as he patted Tubbo's shoulder in good spirit.

"And you grew it all by yourself?" Tubbo exclaimed in disbelief. Tommy nodded, looking pleased as his friend admired the flower again. "I'm so proud of you!" Tubbo grinned, and swiftly wrapped his arms around the other, giggling as Tommy hugged back.

"There's another thing, actually." Tommy grinned, disconnecting from their embrace. "Go take a closer look at the petals."

Tubbo complied, eyes shining with sudden curiosity. He peaked at the flower, getting closer to the sunny petals. The boy unexpectedly gasped.

"Tommy!" He whisper-yelled, "Is that a bee?" The excitement was prominent in his voice as his eyes widened and grew shimmery with adoration.

"Yeah!" Tommy laughed, finding it so sweet that his best friend became this excited because of a single bee.

"What's its name?" Tubbo questioned in slight awe, staring down at the striped insect, which seemed to be sleeping.

"I dunno." The blonde shrugged with a big smile. "I thought you should name it."

Tommy saw his friend's eyes widen further, somehow, and he frowned in slight concern at how wide they could get. The look on Tubbo's face was pure, utter excitement.

"There are so many name possibilities!" The brunette leaned away from the flower, and Tommy found it adorable that Tubbo was trying not to disturb an insect. An insect. His best friend had one of the kindest hearts in the world, Tommy reckoned. "I could name it something Christmas themed, like Pine or Tinsel, or maybe just bee themed? Like Stripey or Daisy. There's so much to choose from!" Tubbo exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear.

"Ok," Tommy laughed. "Calm down. Let's think of a name later, ok? I still wanna open my present." The other nodded, wide smile still stuck on his face as he wrapped his arms around his best friend yet again.

"Thank you so much, Tommy. I mean it." Tubbo said, and Tommy could hear pure joy in his voice.

"No problem, Tubbo. Merry Christmas."

___

AN

Happy celebratory times fellow earthlings!

I can now be found on Ao3 (Archive Of Our Own)! My name there is also Sque3k_ , so come say hi!

I have a small notice about my update schedule, and an announcement! (I considered making a whole chapter for all this but eh).

I'm starting a new book! Similar to this one, but Minecraft YouTube ship oneshots! There will be ships like Dreamnotfound, Skephalo, etc, so if you're interested, go check it out! I'll post the first chapter in about a week's time.

Speaking of time, (wow my transitions are on point) my update schedule is changing to one chapter per week, starting next week. One chapter, and only for one book. I'll probably end up alternating between this book and the one that has not been posted yet. Not much content, I know, but it'll give me time to write more and not be stressed.

Also we passed 2k reads, almost at 3k now whaaaa- and 100+ votes and 50+ comments??? I-?? Thank you all amazing people of the earth 🥺

Anyways, sorry for the rambling, wouldn't judge you if you just skipped past it lol.

Thank you all so much for the support, and thanks for reading!

~Squeek 💙