Chapter Eight: Paris, France

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"There you are." Finn murmured.

"We found him?" Mary whispered.

"Man, there is some great bargains here!" Mater said rather loudly as he came up.

"Mater, get back!" Finn hissed.

Mater quickly obeyed, but not fast enough it would seem. Finn heard the squealing of tyres, and he shot out from around the corner to give chase after the blue three-wheeler. Holley, and Mater followed Finn, Mary racing on after them at speed.

The three-wheel car rammed into a pole, causing a pile of debris to fall right in their path, but Finn shot off a sheet of metal like a ramp, flying over the blockage and continuing after the three-wheeled car. Holley and Mater took a sharp left turn to go around the debris. Mary shifted up a gear, and launched off the debris ramp as well, gaining some serious air time, landing on the ground hard, sparks flying off her underside, but she kept on going.

The three-wheel car looked back to see Finn and Mary in his side-view mirrors, so he sped up with the thought that he got away. Suddenly, Holley appeared in the blue car's path. The car tried to turn hard left, but he ended up taking a tumble, flying right over Holley, before finally crashing into someone's tire stall. Holley rolled over, deployed a taser from her hubcap, shooting the three-wheeled car with it and shocking him.

Finn suddenly shot past and jerked the lines off. "Have you lost your mind?" He growled.

Holley blinked in surprise. "But I thought—" Holley started.

"Mater!" Finn called to the tow truck as he came up to the three-wheeled. "This chap needs a tow. Hook him up."

"Well, sure thing!" Mater nodded, hooking his tow cable under the dark blue car's bumper. Everyone followed Finn deeper into the marketplace, ignoring the three-wheeled car's indignant shouts.

Finn found a garage nearby and rolled inside, snapping in French at the car already in the garage. The car took off at once, allowing the spies, Mary and Mater to enter. Mater waited until Finn shut the door to the garage to give us privacy before letting the three-wheeled car down.

The dark blue vehicle spun around to Finn. "Electroshock?! Are you kidding me?" He shouted a bit in his French accent.

"Easy, Tomber (Tom-bay)." Finn said calmly. "This is Shiftwell's first field assignment. She didn't know you were my informant."

"Informant?" Holley repeated.

"A rookie, huh?" Tomber turned to sneer at Holley. "I never liked new car smell." Holley was silent, casting a glare.

"Who might this gentleman be, Finn?" Mary asked, trying to get on topic.

"Tomber was serving 20-to-life in a Moroccan impound the first time I saved him." Finn explained, smiling at the memory. "If I recall correctly."