Dumbledore's Army

"Are you okay?" Fred asked her immediately as she left her Potions class.

She was surprised to see him the second she stepped out of the room, as if he had been waiting there.

Before she could even ask, he explained himself as they fell into step toward the dining hall for lunch. "I tried to find you after you left, but I couldn't, so I came here to wait for you."

She blinked, looking up at him with wide eyes. "Y-you... came here and waited for me?" She asked quietly.

He nodded.

"That class is an hour long."

He nodded again, unfazed.

Her face flushed red as she turned back to the hallway in front of them. A small smile spread across her face as she leaned against him as they walked. "Thank you." She said quietly.

"Of course," he nodded, wrapping an arm around her back to rest on her waist. "But you didn't answer my question."

She looked up to meet his gaze. His eyes, usually crinkled in the corners by a grin were wide and glazed over with worry. Priscilla blinked before glancing back down the hall. "I'm fine."

Fred said nothing, only continuing to stare down at her with concern. "Are you sure?"

Priscilla chuckled at his worry. "Freddie," she grabbed his hand, which engulfed her much smaller one. "I'm fine. Promise."

Her sparkling smile was enough for him to put the issue to bed as they approached the doors to the dining hall. "I told Seamus off good for that one."

"I had no doubt you would," Priscilla laughed as she recalled hearing his creative insults as she had rushed out.

The pair joined George and Lee Jordan, who Priscilla had only spoken to a handful of times, towards the center of the Gryffindor table.

George greeted her with a simple "Hey, Sillie." and Lee said hello as well.

The four fell into casual conversation while picking at their plates. Then, George piped up again. "Did you hear about that thing Ron wants us to go to later?"

Fred shook his head, "You know I tune him out whenever he's talking."

"I guess Harry's hosting some sort of secret meeting," George explained. "Something about the Dark Arts class. Umbridge isn't supposed to know."

"If we're doing something behind that toad's back then I'm in." Fred grinned, mischief dancing in his eyes. He, no doubt, hoped Harry was organizing some sort of mass prank on the woman.

George's eyes flickered over to Priscilla, who had been quietly picking at her salad. "Sil?" He asked.

The girl looked up, shrugging, "Sure, if he'll have me."

"He will." Fred confirmed, squeezing her hand. "It'll be fine."

Later that day, Priscilla walked with Fred and George to the Hog's Head Inn in Hogsmeade.

"Luxurious." Priscilla made a face at a goat that babbled as it dragged its fat belly across the ground.

"Not all of us can afford five star hotels like you, Malfoy." Fred teased as they found their way to the room where a small crowd had formed.

There was an uncomfortable silence that swept across the room as Hermione, Harry, and Ron stood at the front. Finally, Hermione stood to awkwardly greet everyone. "Um...hi."

Her peers blinked back at her.

"We've gathered everyone here today because we need a teacher. A proper teacher." She explained.