Cause for Celebration

Cheers of excitement roared throughout the arena and vibrant flags flew overhead. It was the day of the first task, and Priscilla was ready to let loose and have some fun for a change.

"What kind of dragons you reckon there'll be?" Hydrangea asked excitedly, squeezing Priscilla's arm.

The girl shrugged, "I don't know for sure, but I heard from a little birdie there's a Hungarian Horntail somewhere around here." She smirked, winking at Hydrangea, who cringed.

"Merlin, I hope you're wrong." She wrung her hands together, "I hate those ones, they're terrifying."

"Don't worry," a teasing voice called from above them.

The two girls turned to look up at Draco.

"They don't eat dark meat," he sneered, glaring at Hydrangea.

"Draco!" Priscilla snapped, standing. Her nostrils flared and her eyes were blown wide as she stared down the younger boy. She huffed her chest as she tried to make sense of all the things she wanted to say that was scattered throughout her brain. "Just...Go find your dumb friends, now." She hissed, holding herself back from backhanding him in front of the whole school.

When she sat back down, Hydrangea was staring at her hands.

She shook her head, trying to think of what to say. "I'm...I'm sorry—"

"Don't worry about it." Her friend mumbled, "it's fine."

Priscilla let out a sigh, "Hydie—"

"Seriously, don't worry about it." She gave Priscilla a solemn smile. "I have to go find my sister, I promised I'd sit with her." She muttered before standing and leaving Priscilla alone on the bench.

The girl blinked, letting out a huff. "Fuck."

She suddenly became aware of two voices shouting obnoxiously above the crowd, "Alright step up, step up! Place your bets!"

Priscilla glanced down at her purse sitting beside her before back up at the boys, inching closer to her through the crowd.

"Who's winning this competition, folks? Place your bets here!" Fred called, waving his arms and pointing to the briefcase he was carrying around his neck.

"Two galleons on Fleur."

He turned to face Priscilla, shocked, as she held out two shiny gold galleons. With a small smile, he gently took it from her hand and placed it into the case.

"Fancy seeing you here." He grinned, handing the case to George and taking a seat next to her.

"Oh please, you don't really think I'd miss seeing a dragon take a bite out of Potter, do you?" She teased, letting the beginnings of a smile tug at the corners of her lips.

Fred let out a barking laugh, making Priscilla grin. After a moment, he glanced over at her, pondering aloud, "You don't actually think Harry'll lose to the dragon do you?"

Sucking her teeth, Priscilla turned back to the playing field, shaking her head. "I don't. Potter's smart. He'll find a way around it."

Nodding, Fred followed her gaze to the playing field as the starting cannon was blown.

That evening, Priscilla laughed in the Gryffindor common room as Fred and George hoisted Harry onto their shoulders.