The Scar

As the two arrived home through the large oak doors, Narcissa rushed up to them.

"Oh darlings," she fussed, throwing an arm around each of them. "You got caught up in that mess? Are you both alright?"

"Fine." Draco sighed, seemingly annoyed, but did not move away from his mother's embrace.

"We're alright, mum." Priscilla ensured, giving her arm a gentle squeeze.

Narcissa nodded, taking a step back from the children. "Very good." Her wide eyes seemed to relax a bit. "Now, it's very late and it's been an... exciting night. Off to bed with the both of you."

The siblings nodded, each mumbling "Yes mum." Before moving towards the great staircase.

"Where were you?" Draco muttered, taking the steps two at a time to keep up with his sister.

"What?" Priscilla asked, staring at the blood red carpeted steps.

Her brother shook his head. "You left before the match even started. Where did you go?"

The two stopped at the top of the staircase, and Priscilla peeked over the edge down to the lobby to make sure no one was listening.

She took one final glance down the hallway before turning back to the boy. "Promise you won't tell father."

Glancing at the floor, and then back up at her, Draco gave a curt nod.

Taking a deep breath, she leaned forward to mutter, "I was with the Weasley's."

"The Weas—" Draco began to exclaim in disgust, but his sister hushed him quickly.

"I know you don't care for them, father even less so. That's why I didn't want to say anything." She explained, huffing. "I'm going to bed now, remember your promise." She reminded him, giving him a pointed look.

Rolling his eyes, Draco threw a dismissive wave in her direction before turning to move towards his bedroom, and Priscilla did the same in the opposite direction.

The next morning, Priscilla woke to her door being slammed open.

She jumped at the noise, grabbing her wand off the nightstand. Heart pounding, she aimed it at the door and sat up quickly.

Her body relaxed and she dropped her wand as she realized it was her father standing there.

He stood still like a statue, stone eyes boring into hers.

No matter how many times she'd seen this look before, it still made her feel like she'd swallowed a brick.

Her father's presence alone was enough to make her tremble, but to sense the cool anger radiating from his being nearly sent her into a whirlwind.

She opened her mouth, but found she was unable to do anything but open and close her dry lips, struggling to find her voice. After what seemed like an eternity of being scrutinized by her father's eyes, her voice finally croaked, "Good morning,"

"Is it?" Her father hissed, almost immediately.

Priscilla swallowed hard. Her teeth automatically clenched, and she balled the duvet in tight fists.

Her father continued to stare down his nose at her as he stalked towards her. Each step of his boots leaving a massive thud behind him.

He stopped a few feet away from her. "Because the news I woke up to this morning was not so good."

She blinked harshly, finding all the strength she had to stay perfectly still.

"What were you doing with the Weasley's?" He asked calmly.