Chapter Eighteen: Who are you?

Hermione's POV

I just got off the train quickly and followed Malfoy to his parents. When I got there I saw a tall man with blue eyes and blonde hair who looked like a wimp under all that pureblood superiority.

Malfoy turned around, "what are you doing here Mudblood!" Draco Malfoy spat at me and Narcissa frowned. "Who are you?" I asked looking at Narcissa. "Mother you know her?" Malfoy spat and who I'm guessing is his father froze. "Son is this... is this the girl that can talk to snakes?" I stood taller, "yes I can now I want to know who you are Narcissa."

"DON'T YOU SPEAK TO MY MOTHER LIKE THAT YOU FILTHY MUDBLOOD!"

I got my wand out and pressed it under his neck, "I am not scared to hurt you Malfoy." The boy whimpered and his father glared at him, "get lost and leave my son alone." I turned to Narcissa, "who are you?"

"Hermione? Hermione? Where are you?" I heard Pansy and Harry calling me, "your friends are calling you little snake." My eyes snapped to hers, "he called me that too. Tom Riddle. What... Who are you?" Narcissa smiled and Malfoy Senor glared at me. "Get lost now you filthy disgrace and leave my family alone!"

Pansy came rushing over, "hey leave her alone old man!" Pansy came and pushed me behind her, "take the stupid girl and just leave." Narcissa looked over to me, 'we will talk soon my little snake.' I heard a voice in my head say.

"Let's go Hermione," Pansy took my hand and we walked away.

"Why did you go over there Hermione?" Pansy asked and I looked up at the Slytherin. "When I was in the Camber of Secrets Tom Riddle called me his little snake. Just then Narcissa called me the same. It's confusing why would they both call me that. I'm not even a snake I'm a Gryffindor."

"Hermione you and I both know you were not supposed to be in Gryffindor you act nothing like those idiot lions... Hermione is there anyway you could be..." Pansy looked at me worried. "Hermione could you have been adopted?" I thought for a second, "if I was adopted my parents would've just sent me back not kept me right?"

"What if they thought they were your real parents... magically?" Pansy said and I thought for a second. "Is there any way you can test your magical heritage?" Pansy smiled and held out her hand. "We can do that in the morning right now we need to go to my cottage," I held her hand. "Only 13 years old and you have your own cottage," I giggled and she smiled. "Got to love great aunt Penelope," Pansy said and we both laughed.

We both walked out of the train station and got to the port key point. "Ready?" Pansy asked and I shook my head. "You'll be okay," she grabbed my hand and then the port key and we were off.

When we arrived in the middle of the wood I saw a beautiful cottage. It was two stories and made of brick with a chimney. It looked small and cosy. "Are you sure it's okay if I stay here with you?" I asked and Pansy smiled. "Yes Hermione I'm not letting you go back to that man's house for him to destroy all the progress we've made together."

"Thank you Pansy."