Chapter 3

"Shit shit shit! Els!" I shouted across the halls, as I ran through the halls of our school.

***

Els just giggled when I ran into the classroom all red and puffed up from all the running. I quickly adjusted myself in my desk glad in at Els and saying, "Whyyyy. You know I'd never do this to you." I whined. Her giggle turned into a lighthearted laugh and she said, "I'm.... I'm sorry, I couldn't wake you up." between laughs. The teacher walked in after a while and everyone went silent.

After class Els and I went our separate ways until lunch came by.

***

Els and I met up at the cafeteria entrance and entered together. We both got our lunch and headed towards the herbivore tables. We were talking about the drama club and the performance. Then we started talking about how Legosi dropping out didn't help and how Louis was such a great actor.

"I'm sorry girls, I have to eat now." We heard from behind. "Let's sit together." A feminine voice replied. I looked back and saw shaggy ram heading to our table. I leaned over to Els's ear and whispered, "Don't look back or say anything. It's shaggy ram." I warned. She didn't say anything.

Shaggy ram then sat down on a seat next to Els and winked at her when she looked his direction. A wave of cringe flew through my body, causing me to squirm. I shook my head and said, "Els, let's go eat somewhere else." She leaned over to my ear and whispered, "C'mon, he's not that bad. Let's stay."

I gave her a look of disbelief and slowly got up and said, "I have to go somewhere." and left with my tray. I walked out of the cafeteria and went to the back of the school and ate there. The food tasted the same.

I wasn't offended that Els chose shaggy ram over me. I know she meant no harm and just wanted to be nice. Heck, why did I hate him so much?! I wasn't sure. I hate playboys, they're always no good. Being near one is only gonna cause unwanted problems.

The bell rung in 30 minutes and I headed back inside. I speed ran my way to the cafeteria to return my tray. After that I headed straight to class. After lunch Els and I went our seperate ways, to different classes. On the way to my next class I met Bill.

We took the same class which was always interesting. "So what are you going to do after school?" He asked me. I thought for a while and said, "Probably study a bit more for tomorrow's test."

He looked down at me and hesitantly asked, "Which test?" I stopped and so did he and I gave him a disgusted look. "Y-You... really don't know?!" I exclaimed.

He shook his head and started walking. I started speed walking to keep up with him and said, "It's a history test. This class. It's tomorrow!"

We got to class and we took a seat next to each other. The teacher walked in a while later and started going over the things that would be on our test. I glanced over at Bill from the corner of my eyes and saw that he was absolutely shocked by what the teacher was saying.

I tore out a small corner of my page and using my mechanical pencil wrote down a little note, 'I'll help you study if you want... wanna meet up at a coffee shop sometime after school?'

I folded the note and slowly passed to Bill. He opened the note and after a while wrote something with his pen. And handed the note back to me. 'YES PLEASE! I- THANK YOU!"

A small chuckle escaped my lips and I looked at him and gave him a thumbs up. He thanked me again and I started rewriting the things that the teacher wrote on the board.

After the teacher finished his lecture, I started neatly placing my notes into my bag and hanging it over my right shoulder. I walked out of class and after a while hear my name.

"Y/n!" I turned back and saw Bill catch up to me and say, "You know. I am so thankful. No one ever offered to help me out before." I looked down at my feet as we started walked and said, "It's really nothing. You know that you could ask me anytime. I don't do anything interesting either way."

I looked up at him and punched his hips and said, "But in all seriousness! You should pay more attention in class!" I scold him.

He rubbed the back of his neck and said, "I probably should..." with a nervous chuckle. I chuckle with him and we both head down the hall.