"Mary over here," Verona yelled from a quaint corner in the library.

"You weren't kidding about finding the perfect little corner" She said walking over to the table surrounded by some ivy covered windows making it feel like they were in a little tree house.

"Long time no see Mary dearest," Verona smiled at her.

"I told you to stop calling me that my name is...Rory" SHe rolled her eyes correcting the boy once again. "Let's just get to work." She sighed.
So they worked, worked and worked and worked a little more. But there was still nothing done.

"Ugh I swear it's like painting a masterpiece using water with you!" Rory exclaimed. "This is due in two weeks and we have not made a dent" This time getting more annoyed.

"Well maybe we are just overthinking it." Patrick said passing around the girl's chair

"How can we be over thinking when we haven't done any thinking" Rory protested

"I don't know... but we need to open our minds a little bit cmon lets walk around the school, break into some classroom, so you can live a little," He responded slyly

"But almost everything is closed right now, we should just stay in here" Rory protested.

"No we shouldn't," Patrick responded, grabbing her hand which sent a shock through her body.

"Where are you taking me?" Rory asked excitedly.

"I don't know wherever I feel I guess" Patrick replied as they ran through the school still holding her hand.

When they finally finished running through the halls Patrick finally settled on the gym.

"Verona what are we doing here, it's locked and there's nothing to do." Rory questioned

"That is where you are wrong Mary dearest, you see the situation here is that I am a grade A lock picker and also know where they keep the equipment," Patrick responded as he just opened the door. "Opportunity is knocking on the door, why not go through it," he smiled.

Rory just rolled her eyes playfully and walked to the center of the gym and Patrick turned on the light and disappeared into the equipment closet.  A few moments later she saw Patrick appear from the corner with two hockey sticks, some nets, a tennis ball, and two pairs of rollerblades.

"Wanna play?" Patrick asked

"Why not." Rory caved as she walked over to put on the roller blades. She started to stumble a little but Patrick helped her up.

"Sorry it's been a bit since I've done this," She looked up at Patrick still holding on to his arm for dear life.

"It's ok, we can skate around the gym until you feel comfortable" He reassured her with a comforting tone in his voice.

Once they started going around the gym Rory felt more comfortable not but with skating but with Patrick. She loved the way she felt on his arm, like she was protected by him and she loved the smell of him too. The smell of Eucalyptus and mint laced with a small bit of tobacco.

"Ok let's get to playing!" Rory said abruptly.

"Alright then" Patrick responded

Once they both got their sticks they started the tip off and the game started. She didn't realize how good Patrick was at floor hockey. After a while Rory finally had the ball as she smiled trying to make a goal until she started losing her balance and speeding up. But she didn't care; she was still beaming and so was Patrick. When she started getting closer to his goal he realized that she was going to fall if he didn't catch her. As she kept moving forward Patrick reached out his arms to grab her and pulled her in tightly so she wouldn't fall but all the force Rory had created caused them to spin a little bit but they never stopped smiling and even started laughing. Everything led up perfectly up to this moment they felt safe in each other's arms.

"HEY WHO'S IN THERE" A voice yelled from the hallway.

"Oh shoot" Rory whispered as she broke away from Patrick's speeding over to the corner where their shoes are. Spidely putting on their shoes Rory realized she didn't know how to get out of the gym without being caught.

"How are we going to get out here Verona," Rory hastily whispered

"It's ok there's an emergency exit over there we just need to sneak across underneath the bleachers" Patrick whispered to her.

As they tip-toed underneath the bleachers Rory had to dodged all the supports on the ground while holding onto Patrick until they finally made it out the door. 

"Holy Cow! We did it we fully escaped, We made it!" Rory exclaimed, throwing her hands up into the air.

"You did Mary, You lived life on the wide side," Patrick congratulated her

An awkward silence filled the air.

"Well I think I should get going...Um I'll see you tomorrow" Rory said stammered as she got into her car.

~~~~~~~

Rory's house was about ten minutes away from the school to her little down home village. But still she enjoyed the drive and how the night sky swallowed her car into darkness.

Once she pulled into her driveway she realised her dad wasn't home again tonight, he worked most nights at UW and was only home twice a month.

As she closed her car and walked up to her front door she felt like something was watching her. So she turned around and a very familiar face waving at her. "Ugh Verona" she whispered under her breath.

"Hey Mary!" Patrick Yelled from across the street.

"Are you following me?" She yelled back

"No, I live across the street," He responded.

"Ugh I can't deal with this" She turned around and entered into her desolate and empty house.