5

The light came into Rory's room as sun beams hit her face just right Patrick noticed while looking at the sleeping girl. "She's gonna be hung over as hell" he thought to himself as he headed down to the McIllroy's kitchen. "And nothing cures a hangover better than chocolate chip pancakes" as he searched around his kitchen. Rory was slowly starting to wake up with the sun hiring right in her face which did not help her headache. "Fuck," she whispered to herself clearing her hair behind her head. "Fuck, Fuck, FUCK!" She screamed trying to piece together what very little memory she had of last night. She looked around her room pining for clues until she spotted Patrick's red jacket on her couch. "You've got to be kidding me," she sighed to herself. "He did not, we did not, no-" she questioned. Standing there in shock of what she could have couldn't have done the night before she was then met with smell of pancake batter and...burning! She quickly rushed to the lower level of the house to see what was occurring just to be met with Patrick Verona standing in her kitchen with a plate or chocolate chip pancakes. "First ones never perfect." Patrick smiled at her. Rory groaned "What are you doing in my kitchen Verona". "Just making you a wonderful breakfast to celebrate you getting smashed last night." He said plating the pancakes. "Here you go Mary, or should we add magdalene to the end of that" Patrick smirked at her. Rory did nothing but sneer and make a face at him picking up her for. She was pissed Patrick was her but she was hungry. "So what exactly happened last night?" Rory asked. "Nothing, we got home, you went to bed and I slept on the couch." Patrick responded. "Ugh why am I so dehydrated?" Rory Questioned "A hangover will do that to you" Patrick handed her water as he noticed how she looked with the sun on her face lighting up her eyes. She looked down and laughed, her smile illuminating the whole room even though it was just the two of them, letting out a small chuckle a piece of hair fell infront of her face. Patrick couldn't help himself, he reached his hand out towards her face and smoothed the hair back behind her ear. Rory gave him a confused look. "Uh sorry it was in your face I didn't want it to, um- ya know get sticky." Patrick stammered. The one time he couldn't act cool around a girl was when he was with her. This also had an effect on Rory, the same goosebumps ran down her skin that appear when Patrick calls her that stupid nickname. "So um what are we gonna do now," Rory said after she put her dish in the sink. "I don't know Mary. We've got the whole house to ourselves." Patrick responded. "You disgust me," Rory spat out "I'm going to get changed". "So what do I do?" Patrick asked. "I don't know leave, you live across the street!" Rory retorted. "Fine, as you wish Mary." Patrick rolled his eyes as he walked out the door. Rory heard the door slam shut even though deep down she didn't want Patrick to leave, she hated to admit it but he was really her only friend at the moment. But alas she went up stairs to get changed into her clothes for the day even though it's Saturday and she really didn't need to go anywhere.

Outside of the McIllroy residence Patrick was just on his way home when he saw a familiar sunglassed figure. "You've got to be kidding me." He sighed as he saw an ex pursuit, Ashley  Nottingham was standing on his front porch. "What do want?" He questioned the girl while rolling his eyes. "Listen Verona, if it were my way I wouldn't be pleading on your doorstep. It's Gideon." Ashley stated. "What happened, did he do something to Rory?" Patrick's guard instantly went up. "No, the total opposite, he's interested in her." She snarked back at him. "Then what are you doing here?" Patrick said lighting a cigarette. "I don't want her around Gideon, you don't want her around Gideon. I want Gideon you want Rory, do you see what I'm hinting at?" Ashley said with an evil grin. "No way in hell, last time I got involved in your little scheme everyone thought that I lit a state trooper on fire." Patrick sneered. "What if provided generous compensation?" She smirked while handing him a twenty dollar bill. "Well for a proper date it will twenty five for the tickets, then she'll want a snack which will add up to fifty, and you can't forget gas money. So you're looking at a grand total of seventy five dollars." He flashed his smile. "Ugh here, just take this and I'll pay you the rest." Ashley rolled her eyes. "I was never here..." she whispered as she put her sunglasses on. Feeling slightly guilty for what he did Patrick reminded himself 'it's for Rory' as he walked in the door. His house was of course empty. He cleaned up any straw dishes or clothes that layed around the house, after doing so he turned on the TV and started to drift off to sleep.

☆♡☆
A few hours later he was woken up to the sound of the door bell ringing. "All right all right I'm coming!" Patrick shouted getting up from the couch. The door bell kept ringing "Ok-" Patrick opened up the door to see Rory standing in the front doorway with a frozen pepperoni pizza and a DVD copy of 'Dirty Dancing'. "Sorry for kicking you out of my house." Rory said sheepishly. "My favorite is actually pineapple and ham." Patrick smirked letting her in. Rory smiled back.

Standing in Patrick's living room she put the DVD in the player waiting for the play menu to pop up while Patrick cut the pizza or at least tried. "Really Verona, you carry a pocket knife everywhere yet you can't cut a pizza." Rory giggled while walking over to Patrick. "Let me see it" she put her hand on Patrick's trying to guide it through the pizza, of course that electric shock was sent through her body again and Patrick could tell, he knew how to cut a pizza he just wanted to hold her in anyway possible. "There you go." Rory smiled at him he smiled back and they made eye contact. Long eye contact and the kept leaning in slightly until the were just nose to nose. Finally the two snapped out of it. "We should start the movie," Rory said not facing Patrick. "Yep definitely." Patrick replied not looking at Rory. Rory and Patrick walked over to he couch to start the movie, Patrick and Rory sat next to each other but there was still an inch or two between them. "I still can't believe you picked dirty dancing" Patrick stated as the movie started "What! It's a good flick."Rory responded. "Well I'm not saying it's bad I just took you as more of a sense and sensibility type of girl" Patrick responded. "Geez Verona I'm not that plain!" Rory slightly scoffed. The two kept watching the movie. They laughed, they smiled, Patrick kept making comments about how 'this was unrealistic' and that Johnny was stuck up. They got through most of the the movie until Patrick noticed that Rory was asleep in his shoulder. He watched how she breathed and started to pet with her hair slightly.
Patrick could tell she was out cold so he did the sensible thing and didn't move and fell asleep on the couch with her plus it was late so he couldn't have her walk home by herself. The two drifted off to sleep on Patrick's couch peacefully.
♡♡♡
AN: hi everyone sorry about the long wait school has been a mess. Anyways I made a Patrick and Rory playlist if your interested