The Beast

JaJa binks' POV

"...so like it was the best I've ever seen." Hailey said twirling her hair "Omg you should totally come over and watch it with me!"

"What," I said, only half-listening. Hailey laughed shrilly, "I said you should come to my place silly," and hit my arm. I turn and look at her, expressionless.

"sure," I said flatly knowing full well I'd rather die. If it were someone else I knew my answer would be completely different...

"Omg it'll be so great, we can have a whole movie marathon! I'll get some-" Luckily my friend saved me from any more torture.

"JaJa binks come look at what the boys are doing," he said laughing. I look over to see them goofing off, throwing food, the normal. "Great," I said not finding it amusing at all. I turn away just wanting to be alone. I wasn't always like this, I used to be fun to be around. But things haven't been the same since she left.

Thinking about her hurt. Like a wound that had never properly healed. I looked around to see her. Normally I would avoid seeing her at all, but I still looked up. To my surprise, she was looking at me too.

She turned away too quickly to read her expression. I wondered what she was thinking? Does she still think of me? Does she miss the memories, the laughs, the calls...

I caught myself before I got too deep. Once I've lost myself there's no going back.

------------

The teachers melodic droning was almost relaxing. My mind wandered then settled on her. I couldn't stop thinking about her looking at me. Was she thinking about it as well? Or has she moved on and forgotten about me. Maybe her and her mean friends were making fun of me. Yes, that's it. That's why she was looking at me. And here I was thinking she still liked me.