1. Hana

"Jena!"

"Jena.."

"Jena!"

"Jena.."

I turned to see where the voice was coming from, theres something strange on the way shes uttering my name. I can sense pain on her throat. She was standing few meters from me.
"Mom?" I muttered frantically. Why are we here? What am I doing here? I kept asking myself.
I glanced at her physique, theres something strange on the way she looks. Is she crying?
I felt the cold wind blew hard on my face. I almost lost my balance. It was then I realized that i was actually on a rooftop of a building which i dont even know how high. I tried to come back to my senses.

Where am i?
Why am i standing here?
Am i trying to kill myself?

I shook my head trying to spill the thoughts away. What am i thinking? I bowed my head and looked at my feet. Theyre freezing to death, too numb too actually move an inch. I directed my sight towards my mom, she was still there while helplessly screaming my name. My mind was in a blurr, as I hear her calling my name viciously. With an unexplainable reason, I gently lifted my feet from the cold cement and threw myself on the vast air.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" i was screaming at the top of my lungs, it feels like a never ending fall.
I almost fell out of bed when I woke up.

"I think im fine, i dont feel anything strange." I convinced myself.

I glanced where am i and tried to find sensible explanation on what is happening to me. I guess im actually inside my bedroom. Im not hurting anywhere in my body. I dont feel any pain at all. I sighed when i realized what it really was. It was just a lame dream.

"Thank God. I really thought it was the end of me" i sighed.

"Thank God youre now awake, I really thought it was the end of my voice box too" Its my mom standing beside my door. I smiled on what she just said. That explains the realistic voice calling my name on that horrible dream. I jumped out of bed and wrap my arms around her.

"Mom, I really thought I was going to die. I was really scared." I uttered with my puppy eyes on her.

"Thats what you get on too much sleeping honey.. You better fix yourself and get going, youd be late for school" my sweet mom said.

I nodded and hurriedly went to the bathroom.

After all my morning rituals, i bid my mom goodbye and went on my way to school. I glanced at my wrist watch, its twenty five minutes before seven in the morning. St jude Academy is just a ten minute drive from my residence so its never a problem for me even if Im such a slumber lover.

You might be thinking Im still a student, Nope. Iam not actually a student. I graduated from school a couple of years ago.

Nope. Iam not a teacher either.

I am actually a good citizen who happens to be a... Librarian.

Yup. Librarian.

Some of our relatives treat me like a family disgrace. Thats how mean they are, they seem to never understood my career path. They feel like ive been wasting my life on such profession. I dont give a fuss about it though. Who cares if I was way too unambitious compared to my cousins who were breed and became doctors, engineers and lawyers. Thats why my mother kept on flustering me to leave my job and find some sort of a job who she think suits me well.

I have a bachelors degree on marketing. It isnt because I like to be a marketing professional or something related to that. It just that at this moment I still dont know what to pursue. Its still better than not studying anything at all right? At this point I just dont seem to realize where am I going to be. I dont know what or where Im good at. I need to dig deeper and then maybe one day, Ill get my real place in this world.

***

At the library counter:

"Excuse me maam, what can you recommend to me, this one or this?" A female student asked. She was holding two classic english novels as she was asking me. From the looks of her, im sure shes a bookworm. She was wearing thick eye glasses. I have a little vision problem myself too but its not because im into reading, im not even interested on a single book in this library. I pushed my glasses towards the bridge of my nose and glared at the books she was showing me. The little prince and the other was wuthering heights. Im aware that those books were classic and were famous for years but sadly I never read neither of the two.

"You seem to be a book lover.." I started talking, as she attentively looked at me. Thinking of the next thing Id say, she nodded.

"So why dont you just read this first and then when you are finish, read this too." I managed to tell her while pointing on the books.

"Okay maam, thats a good idea. Ill take the little prince first then Ill come back for the other one" she said to me with a smile and in a little while she was out of the library.

I sighed in relief.

"Gosh, people dont really know how challenging this job can be" i babbled.

***Can i have a vote or a comment please :) i just love it when you share what you think about my story ;)