8. Yeodul

I was holding a korean language book while sitting on the dressing room couch. I make it a point that I try to make an extra effort to learn the korean language as soon as possible.

I have a lot of spare time in between takes so I spend the time mostly studying hangul.

"Hana..

Dul..

Set..

Net..

..."

I twinge my lips trying to remember the next number.

Whats number five again? I asked myself.

I sighed in frustration. Why am I having a hard time on this.

"Daseot"

I was startled when I heard someone answered. Her tall physique was overwhelming. He sat beside me on the couch and I couldnt contain my nervousness.

"Ohh.. Sang wook ssi.." I managed to utter.

"Did I disturbed you?" He asked with his soft voice.

"Aniyo, not at all." I answered.

I closed the book and looked at him. He looked back and his eyebrows twinged.
I looked away in an instant and bowed my head.

Wow, he's making my heart jump. What to do? He's such a stunner.

"I guess, Im making you really uncomfortable." He exclaimed.

"No.. Its just that.." I was trying to answer him but I was stuttering that I cant even continue a single phrase. I smiled at him nervously.

"Its fine, Ill just step out.. Continue studying." he said.

I nodded and smiled. I bowed my head when he walked away.

I sat back on the couch and started memorizing the korean number again. In a split second another man came in, this time its the weirdo.

"Hi ajjuma" he greeted me and sat on a chair right in front of me.

I was trying my best to maintain my composure.

I will not be bothered. I kept saying it in my head.

Pretend he's not here. I convinced myself.

He was glaring at me, as if studying me. There was confusion in his face. He crossed his arm and looked at me intimidatingly. He might be wondering why am I not paying attention to him.

"Ya! Are you seriously mad at me because of that lame hoodie?" He blabbered.

Ahh. Seriously, you even call my jacket lame. What a joke. I thought to myself.

Im battling to not say any word. This guy is really getting into my nerves. But i need to contain my emotions and just let this go. I shouldnt be wasting my energy on this jerk.

I mastered all the courage and stood up. Without saying a word I started walking out of the room.

"Ya! Ya!" I heard him called in frustration.

I walked away with a smile and I can just imagine how frustrated his face was.

***

Its already 7:30 in the morning but Anna was still no where to be found. I was a little worried about her. There might be an emergency that caused her to be late. I cant go to work yet, not until she's here.

Im afraid I still cant drive myself to work, its been just a week since I started living in Seoul. Im still unfamiliar on the traffic rules they have, I might get into serious trouble if Ill decide to go by myself.