CHAPTER 8- Men's Cars Breakdown too

It should rain unicorns today.

Or if that's a bit too much, some other unique thing could occur instead, like... I don't know, maybe a green sunset or something just as spectacular.

Why, you might be wondering?

Well, simply because I woke up before my alarm, and let me tell you, that has never happened before.

Like ever.

What can I say, a girl needs her beauty sleep.

I stepped out of the shower, lightly dabbing a towel over my body, while simultaneously trying to tie another towel over my wet curls. I then proceeded to moisturize all over and then slipped on a pair of nude panties with a bra to match.

Settling heavily into the chair in front of my dressing mirror, I braced myself for the hardest task of the century...

Detangling my extremely tousled mane of curls.

Now, I don't know about you, but for me, detangling my hair was extremely difficult, and there was a simple explanation for that honestly; I was too impatient for such arduous tasks. I usually took all my hair troubles to my hairstylist, Jean... but when I had stepped into the shower earlier this morning, and had felt the soothing warmth of the water gently pelting down my back, I just had to wash my hair. Looking back now, I was quickly regretting that decision, but what was done was done.

Surprisingly, it took only about thirty minutes to finish the chore, and then I quickly blow-dried, applied very light makeup, and slipped into a navy-blue skirt suit, adding low black heels to complete the effect.

I grabbed my laptop bag, not bothering with a handbag since I could just put everything else I needed in there too. Then, I proceeded to the kitchen for my daily dose of hot coffee.

Mama sat on one of the bar stools as usual, chatting away with Vicky, our maid slash nanny who had been working for us for as long as I could remember. Surprisingly, she didn't do much work, seeing as mama was one of those people who had had a hard time growing up, but claimed that was what had made them who they were today, and didn't want riches to be the reason for their children being spoilt little brats who couldn't do anything for themselves.

In any case, I guess I was glad for the training... it made me more independent, and gave me a much-needed aunty-figure in my life.

"Morning, Mama, morning aunt Vicky." I greeted brightly, planting a kiss on each of their cheeks. "How was your little trip?" I asked the plump, ever cheerful woman, as I poured myself a steaming cup of coffee and settled on one of the bar stools.

"Oh, it was wonderful. Mia dear. You're up early today. What happened?" She teased with a glint in her eyes.

I laughed. " Aunt Vicky, I always wake up early..." I threw a glance at my mother, "...when I have an uninterrupted sound sleep."

Aunty Vicky snorted, and smartly disguised it as a cough when Mama rolled her eyes at my statement.

"Well, it's obvious that I'm not needed here. Since you two want to gossip, and throw accusations in my face, I'm going to go upstairs to the only one who understands me. My husband." With that, she hopped down the stool, gulped down her coffee and then sashayed out of the kitchen.

Aunt Vicky and I waited for a little bit to make sure she was out of earshot, and then we burst into loud peals of laughter. "God, your mum is such a drama queen." She groaned out, seemingly exhausted from laughing so much.

"I know, right!" I exclaimed, wiping away a stray tear myself.

The middle-aged Latina stood up to stir something simmering in a saucepan on the stove. "How many minutes do you have before you have to leave for work, dear?" She asked.