Chapter 6

Raven's Pov

"Are you sure you don't' want to come with us?" I asked Tiana for the tenth time since she walked through my front door. Danielle's in LA shooting a video and she's dragging me out to dinner. I was hesitant at first because I have a meeting in the morning, but it's been awhile since I've been out, so I figure what the hell, good drinks, and good food seemed like a good combination to me. Now all I need is for Tiana to come with us because whenever Danielle and I are out and get a few drinks in our system, we're not exactly on our best behavior. Tiana is always the voice of reason, the one to say get off that table before you break your neck or, don't give that guy your number, and I had a feeling that voice was going to be needed tonight.

"I can't, I already have plans," Tiana called out from the closet. I stepped out of the bathroom after flat ironing my hair, just as Tiana came walking out of my closet holding up a long-sleeved, sheer black Tom Ford dress with embellishments on it that looked like broken pieces of glass which kept it from being see through. "I think you should wear this tonight." She said as she laid it on my bed.

Now Tiana was supposed to help me find something to wear, but I wasn't too sure about this. It wasn't a bad looking dress, I wouldn't have brought it if I thought any different, but it seemed a bit much for what we were doing tonight. "I don't know. To tell the truth I was thinking along the lines of jeans and a cute top." I picked up the dress prepared to take it back into the closet, but Tiana quickly grabbed it from me.

"You are not about to let this dress go to waste. Now get dressed, I'll go get Cam packed up." Tiana tossed it back on the bed and walked out of the room. When she left, I held up the hanger with the barely there material on it and shrugged my shoulders. Why not throw it on?

"I don't need a reason to be sexy," I said to myself. About five minutes later I had successfully squeezed into the dress and I do mean squeezed. The fabric clung to me like a second skin, stopping just below the curve of my bottom. I went to the closet to grab my matching thigh-high boots and slipped them on. After applying a little makeup I gave myself a once over in the mirror and I must say I looked damn good. It was sexy, yet tasteful, and that's always a great combination.

After grabbing my clutch I left the bedroom to go down the stairs. Tiana and Cameron were sitting on the sofa watching Spongebob. I went over and stood in front of the tv, blocking their view. "Okay, how do I look?" I asked.

Tiana tilted her head to the side getting a good look at me. "If I were a guy I'd-" She stopped and looked over at the three-year-old in the room knowing she had to adjust her words. "Never mind..." She trailed off making me laugh.

I saw that Cam had his lips pressed together as he stared at me through those long lashes of his. "What's wrong baby?"

He hopped off the sofa and walked over to me. "It's too small," Cam emphasized by tugging at the fabric trying to get it to come down further. "You have to cover up or you're gonna catch cold." He said in passing as he walked away. I glanced at Tiana and she was shaking her head laughing. A few seconds later he came back with a cashmere coat holding it out for me to put it on. Even though it was January, it was too warm in LA to be wearing a coat, but still, I put my arms in the sleeves to please my son. Once I had it on he made sure I buttoned it up before we headed out the door.

Aubrey's Pov

I was chilling in the studio with 40 waiting for Raven to come drop Cam off. I told her I would watch him while she goes to dinner with Danielle. Ava went back home for a few days which I think is a good thing because we could both use some space. Ever since we got back from New York we'd been arguing more and more. Maybe after a few days with her friends, she'll turn back into the woman I met in Montreal, but for now, I was gonna spend this time kicking back with my boys. Things have been tense in here so I figured it was time to loosen up a little and hit up some clubs like we used to.