Chapter 2

Drake's Pov

I walked across the marble floor lobby of the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills. Tonight I was rolling solo because Spoons was spending time with the girls since we're on a break from the tour. I know I should be spending time with my kid too, but we have all week, one night isn't gonna hurt him. After a short elevator ride I got off and walked down the hall until I stopped at room number 506. I knocked three times and a few seconds later the door slowly cracked open and Ava standing there with a wide smile. I stepped inside the room locking my hands on her hips pulling her into a kiss. It's been two weeks since I had the chance to taste these plump lips and that's been far too long. Feeling Ava smile against my lips, I eased back to get a good look at her. She was beautiful with her smooth cocoa skin that was hidden under a red silk robe she had on, but it did nothing to hide those legs that seemed like they went on forever.

"What are you doing here; I thought you had to work?" I asked. Now before you go asking a bunch of questions, let me explain who Ava is. She's someone that I've sorta been seeing and to tell the truth, I'm really feeling her. We met at an after party for my show in Montreal and ever since then we've been getting close. She even flew out to a few of my shows, and no, she's not a groupie. Ava's an advertising consultant and owns her own business. She's completely different from any other woman I've been with, including Raven. She not a model, a singer, or an actress, she has no ties to the industry whatsoever and that's what I like most about her.

"I can pretty much do my job from anywhere, that's the perks of being my own boss," Ava responded as she snaked her arms around my neck stepping closer to me. "Besides, I was missing you, and you said that I could come to see you anytime I wanted, so here I am." She starting to lean in like she was about to kiss me, but stopped before our lips actually touched, "I'm not interrupting any plans, am I?"

"No, I'm glad you came, I kinda missed you too," I said to her. It's been three months since we've been together, and so far everything's been good. It's mostly been long distance, but she's the type of person you can be with and feel like you've known them forever.

"So you just kinda missed me?" Dropping her arms from my neck, Ava took two steps back and slowly untied her robe letting it fall to show off the black lace bra and matching thong that hugged her hips.

"Damn." My mouth instantly went dry, but I knew the remedy for that. I tried to reach for her, but she smacked my hand away and closed the robe to hide herself from me.

There was a teasing smirk on her face, she knew exactly what she was doing to me. "Come on so we can eat, I already ordered room service." Ava laughed while dragging me further into the room by the front of my shirt.

———

After dinner me and Ava just laid in bed talking. The topic of Cam popped up so I went through my phone to find a recent picture of him and showed it to her. "Aw, he's so adorable... just like his father." She said as she stared at the screen.

I watched her flip through his pictures, her smile growing wider with each one. "Do you want you to meet him?" I finally worked up the nerve to ask her. With her being in LA and Cam being at the house, the timing couldn't be more perfect.

Ava sighed and lifted her head from my chest to sit up in the bed. I knew a deep conversation was about to go down so I sat up too. "Aubrey, meeting your son is a big step. What are you going to tell him when he asks who I am?"

"I'll tell him that you're an intelligent beautiful woman who I'm lucky enough to call my girlfriend," I said while tucking her hair behind her ear.

Ava opened her mouth to say something, but when my words caught up to her that look of uncertainty turned into a smile. "Your girlfriend, huh?"

I shrugged my shoulders matching her smile. "Yeah, I mean that's what we're moving towards, right?"