Part I; Introduction

Sword-fighting is all about judgement.
Reading your opponent's moves; feeling out your audience, if you will.
Without a firm understanding of those around you, you won't be able to make your next move.
Not the right move, at least. And sometimes, the right move can make all the difference.
* * *
"Breathe, breathe, focus on your inner peace," I tell myself as I quickly dodge an attack from my trainer. Upon earning myself the title of ultimate swordswoman, training has been a constant. It comes before school, before work, before friends, even; well, except for one.
"Nice work today," echoed my trainer across the hollowed dojo, sheathing his sword and swinging open the door, "See you tomorrow."
As soon as he swung open the door, I caught a glimpse of my young master, standing alone across the hallway. A rather short and young-faced boy, he somehow managed to carry an aura of brazen nonchalance wherever he went. Of course, the looming title of his authority followed him whether he liked it or not, proving itself through it's presence in his own name: Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu, ultimate yakuza, coming from the infamous Kuzuryu clan. This title had a tendency to intimidate those around him, and he seemed as though he liked it that way. Coming from such a place of power amazed even the most talented and hope-bearing students that the country had to offer, but unlike our naive classmates, I knew of his authority all too well. Sometimes I fear that the others will overhear and learn of our history...as due to the status of his family's name, I must lead the others under the impression that we are none other than new friends... possibly even more than that... but only if it has to come to that. When I'm here at Hope's Peak, I'm Peko Pekoyama, Super Highschool Level Swordswoman, just a reserved high schooler with a knack for swinging a blade, but underneath that grossly stereotypical disguise, I live for one thing and one thing only.
Protecting Young Master.

Author's note~
Apologies for the short chapter, this is my first fanfic and im trying my best:)