•[16]•

Recap:
We all then start planning on ways to get Ark out of Robotnik's lair. After about an hour and a half we all agree on it. We then spend the rest of the day getting everything we need. We then get ready to bust into the lair tonight. By tomorrow morning we'll have Ark back with us. That crackhead Robotnik is gonna pay for taking Ark, and for putting him through that pain. I'll make sure of it.

Sonic's P.O.V

Its finally time for us to get Ark from Robuttnik's lair. We've all been preparing for this and as concerned as I am, I'm actually kinda thrilled. Sure, it might be a little suicidal, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be fun. Right now we have everything we need to bust into there.

"Okay everyone, as we all know this is a pretty dangerous mission. But we need all hands on deck. Ray, you're gonna hack into the security system at Robuttnik's lair and make it easier for us to get in." I command.

"Right." He says.

"Knux and Silver, you two are with me. There's gonna be a lot of badniks in there and I need you to make sure that we're not gonna get ambushed." I say.

"Got it." They say.

"Amy, Blaze and Rouge, you three are gonna make sure Robotnik stays as far away from us as possible. Distract him for me." I say.

"Alright Sonic, you can count on us." Blaze says.

"Big, you and the kids take care of Tails for me okay?" I tell them.

"Dont worry mister Sonic, we'll take care of him." Cream says.

"Yeah, you can count on us." Charmy adds.

"Good. And as for me, I'll be the one finding Ark and getting him out of the lair. Oh, and Shadow, you're coming with me." I say.

"Wait, why do I have to come with you? Last time I checked, new as your brother, not mine." Shadow says crossing his arms.

"Because I need you to help me in case Metal is there. And I can't beat him that easily by myself. So you're coming with me whether you like it or not." I say.

"Ugh fine." He says.

"Okay everyone. You ready for this?" I say. They all nod determined. With that, Shadow teleports us right outside of the lair.

"Ray, you're up." I say.

"Got it." He says. He then takes out a mini override chip and places it on the door to the base. Then he takes out his pad and starts pressing buttons. "Almost, and done!" Ray says. After a few seconds, the door opens up.

"Nice work Ray." I say.

"Thanks. The cameras and the alarms have been deactivated, meaning that you can easily go in and rescue Ark. But it can only last for about an hour, so be quick." He explains.

"Got it." I say. I then turn to everyone else and give them the signal to do what they were assigned to do. Me, Shadow, Silver and Knux then go into the lair and down a large hallway with passageways all over the sides of the walls.

"Damn, how many passageways does this man need?" Shadow says.

"I don't know, but none of them lead to Ark." Knux says.

"How could you tell?" Silver asks.

"I can feel his energy. It's slowly fading, but still there." He says.

"Then do you know which way we should go?" I ask. After a few seconds, Knux answers.

"Yeah, straight, to the end of the hallway." He says. We make our way there and come across a large door right in front of us.