"How do you know my father?" Ellie spat, not realizing the severity of her actions.

Bellatrix spun around, a smile creeping on her face. She grabbed Ellie by the hair, freeing her from the Death Eaters' grip. She yanked on it, making Ellie wince in pain. They continued to walk, with Bellatrix now holding the Hufflepuff.

"Guess Mummy never did tell you. That filthy traitor," Bellatrix scoffed.

Soon enough, they five of them had made their way to the Astronomy tower, waiting just at the entrance. Bellatrix stared into Ellie's eyes, threatening her without words.

"Your father's alive," she spat, the corners of her lips curling into a smile.

If it weren't for Ellie's overpowering fear, she was sure she would have passed out on the spot. Everything she had been told her entire life was a lie. She pondered whether Bellatrix could have been lying, but refused to believe so, as they knew of who she was. Her mouth dropped into a round shape, her eyes struck with surprise.

"Did you really think Steven just died tragically? A man with his ambition... the Dark Lord needed him. And he came willingly," Bellatrix cackled. "And I know where he is. You can meet him, of course. Under one condition..."

"Which is..." Ellie trailed, more intrigued about her father's whereabouts.

"Join us," she hissed. "You can be reunited with your father. Think about it: father and daughter reunited once again, serving the most powerful wizard of all time."

Ellie thought long and hard about her offer. The idea of being able to meet her father was intriguing, yet disheartening. She missed him, and wanted to know all about him. Draco would surely be pleased to have a friend on his side. Though these temptations rattled her brain, Ellie couldn't help but to think about Hermione. She would be a traitor to her girlfriend, her best friends, and everyone she had ever loved. The thought of losing her again washed over her, causing pain to penetrate her heart.

Ellie looked back up at Bellatrix, who was waiting expectantly with a glimmering eye.

"I can't..." Ellie trailed, preparing herself for Bellatrix's reaction.

"How dare you deny the Dark Lord?!" Bellatrix screamed, pushing Ellie through the entrance of the Astronomy Tower.

Ellie stumbled across the stone, being held in place by Bellatrix's fingernails digging deep in her shoulder. She looked up to find Dumbledore standing at the railing of the tower, holding his hands up as a certain blonde-haired Slytherin pointed his wand at him.

"Draco..." Ellie whispered, but was too quiet for him to hear. He glanced over to Ellie, a fearful look on his face. Never has she seen the seemingly tough boy so frightened and couldn't help to pity him.

"Well, look what we have here," Bellatrix greeted, walking over to Draco. "Well done, Draco."

"Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are in order, don't you?" Dumbledore greeted in a seemingly calm manner.

"Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're all on a bit of a tight schedule." Bellatrix turned to hiss at Draco. "Do it!"

"He doesn't have the stomach, just like his father," the wolf-like man spoke. "Let me finish him in my own way."

"No! The Dark Lord was clear, the boy is to do it," Bellatrix interjected, then proceeded to turn back to Draco. "This is your moment. Do it. Go on, Draco. Now!"

Draco was now shaking with his whole body, his eyes holding an immense amount of fear. Suddenly, Snape emerged from behind him, halting Draco from his mission. Draco immediately put down his wand, his face showing clear relief.

"Severus..." Dumbledore pleaded. "Please."

Within moments, Snape incited, "Avada Kedavra."

Dumbledore, being struck with the green light, fell backwards and over the railing. Ellie's mouth dropped in shock and struggled to break free from Bellatrix's grasp. She watched the man fall to his death, though his facial expression showed peace.

Bellatrix began to laugh maniacally, sending a spell into the night sky. Snape and the others quickly made their way out of the tower, shrieking with joy.

--

Ellie made her way down to the courtyard, her face expressionless and solemn. Students had gathered around the body, each with grief-stricken faces. The silence was overbearing, each student feeling a sense of emptiness within them. Ellie slowly walked to Hermione, who stood at the front, watching as Harry cried over Dumbledore's lifeless body, with Ginny comforting him. Ellie took Hermione's hand, interlacing their fingers together. Hermione stared at the scene as a single tear dropped from her eye. Ellie turned to face her, wiping away her girlfriend's tear with her free thumb.

McGonagall raised her wand, illuminating the tip. The other professors followed suit, along with the students.

The rest of the night was numb, the light from Hogwarts seeming to have been permanently put out.