Hogsmeade Trip

It was now October 12th. To Ellie, it seemed as if last night's events were all a dream. She thought of all the possibilities Draco could be in, the things Voldemort could order him. Ellie dared not to say a word to the trio, as the conversation might jeopardize all of the Hufflepuff's friendships.

Ellie walked with the Golden Trio on their way to Hogsmeade. Their shoes made the snow crunch from below them as Hermione battered Harry.

"For weeks you carry around this book, practically sleep with it... and yet you have no desire to find out who the half-blood prince is?" Hermione urged.

"I didn't say I wasn't curious, and I don't sleep with it," Harry defended.

"Well, it's true. I like a nice chat before going to bed. Now all you do is read that bloody book. It's just like being with Hermione," Ron added.

"They're not wrong, you know. You carry around that book so much, you're starting to look grow curly hair," Ellie joked.

"Ellie!" Hermione smacked her girlfriend playfully on the arm as Ellie let out a fit of laughs.

"Well, I was curious, so I went to-" Hermione was interrupted by her three companions.

"The library. And?" the rest said in unison.

"And nothing. I couldn't find a reference anywhere to a Half-Blood Prince," Hermione continued.

"There we go. That settles it then," Harry concluded.

Suddenly, Professor Slughorn called out to Professor Flitwick. Flitwick pushed past him, making some excuse about a choir practice to miss out on Slughorn's Three Broomsticks offer.

The four of them watched this interaction. Harry spoke up, with intention of finding out whatever it was Slughorn was referring to.

"Does anyone fancy a Butterbeer?"

Within moments, the four of them entered the pub, with Harry leading them to a distant table with a good look of Slughorn. He instructed Ron to sit beside him, as Ellie took a seat next to Hermione.

The four of them shrugged off their coats as a waiter came to take their Butterbeer orders.

"Four Butterbeers, and some ginger in mine, please," Hermione ordered.

Ellie watched as Harry's face froze. She turned around to see Draco turning into a door and closing it behind him. He made the decision to sit down and continue to watch Slughorn.

"Oh, bloody hell. Slick git," Ron muttered.

Harry, Hermione, and Ellie turned to look where he was looking. It was Ginny and Dean sitting closely together at a booth, giggling over whatever had just been said.

"Honestly, Ronald. They're only holding hands," Hermione defended.

The turned back to the couple to find them kissing each other passionately. They immediately turned away, repulsed by the sight.

"And snogging," Hermione remarked.

"I'd like to leave," Ron announced.

"What? You can't be serious," Hermione replied with a raised eyebrow.

The waiter set down four Butterbeers in front of them, one of them with ginger in it.

"That happens to be my sister."

"So? What if she looked over here and saw you snogging me? You expect her to get up and leave?" Hermione defended.

Ellie quickly looked over to Hermione with a serious expression, slightly shocked by what her girlfriend just said. Hermione placed a hand on Ellie's thigh in reassurance.