Chapter 5

Chapter 5: trust fall

______

"You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens." ~Cristina Commisso

______

Stage Right: Hermione and GinnySetting: Hermione's kitchen.

______

"Private lessons?" began Ginny, pacing back and forth in front of Hermione's dining room table as her friend dove into a basket of scones. "You're receiving private lessons with Douglas Diggle, world-renowned dancing coach!?"

"Don't make it sound so impressive," Hermione scoffed, plucking a blueberry flavored pastry from the basket. "I'm only gaining these private lessons because I'm absolutely atrocious..." her voice trailed off as she bit into the scone, angry and contemplative.

"Maybe I should become absolutely atrocious in class," Ginny muttered, pulling out a chair and taking a seat across from Hermione." And Malfoy has to attend as well?"

"Mhmm." The brunette pointed accusingly at her friend. "This is all your fault, Gin. Why couldn't you have wanted to take up something simple like paragliding, or ice fishing, or-"

"Do you hear yourself right now?" Ginny gave a slight, unbelieving laugh. "Neither of those things are easy, Hermione."

"Yes, well, neither is the Tango."

"Don't become discouraged. Won't that Greg chap be attending some of these lessons as well?" asked Ginny.

"Gin, you're spoken for."

"Yes, but you aren't!"

Hermione had heard enough. She stood from the table, scone between her teeth, and, with a wave of her hand, levitated the basket of pastries to the top of the refrigerator just as Ginny reached for them. Defeated, Ginny crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Just think of it as another way to show Malfoy up, yes?"

With a nod of her head, Hermione chewed the pastry thoughtfully, levitating a new book, plucked fresh from the bookstore this morning. 'Temptress of the Tango: Unleash Your Inner Goddess!'

______
Stage left: Draco and Blaise
Setting: Draco's study
_______

"Do it."

"Mate, I'm not doing it."

"As my best man, I order you to do it."

"Yeah, I'm not Goyle. I'm not going to do something just because you tell me to." Blaise Zabini sat in one of the many armchairs inside Draco's study, a tumbler of brandy in one hand while his other rested comically against his cheek as he watched his friend pace the floor three more times before stopping in front of him.

"Come on. Just once."

"Draco, if I break your toes, Astoria would have my bits. -Besides, you know Skele-Gro is readily available at the nearest potion shop."

"Damn," Draco exclaimed, "hadn't thought of that."

"Draco Malfoy doesn't recall a common potion off the top of his head? Alert the press!" Blaise mocked, chuckling into his brandy. When he finished taking another pull, he leaned his head back and said, "You're just going to have to push through."