Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Confessinos of a Galleonaire Playboy

___

All confessions are odysseys.

~Raymond Queneau

____

Center Stage: Hermione Granger and company

Setting: The Wormy Dog

___

Hermione was a gifted woman, far beyond the strengths of her peers. But sitting here, between two of the sexiest bachelors to ever walk the streets of Diagon, her brain short circuited. Men were not her strong suit, especially when one was a previous wedding date to the other's now-canceled nuptials.

Charlie Weasley smiled comfortably, engulfing Hermione in a ferocious hug between his stunningly strong arms, his beard tickling her cheek. She remembered why it was Charlie to send her hormones into a frenzy before the slick-talking Slytherin beside her ever showed an ounce of interest; Charlie had all of the familiarities of home with the added bonus of dangerous dragon tamer. Hermione found herself inhaling his scent with vigor before he pulled back and kissed her on the cheek. It was innocent enough, but Draco's chilling quirk of an eyebrow was enough to make her feel as if she'd been caught with her hands down Charlie's pants.

Now wouldn't that be a sight?

"Charlie!" said Ginny again, "What the devil are you doing here?"

"I wasn't going to miss my baby sister's game, was I?" he asked, producing something small from his vest pocket and enlarging it: a bouquet of flowers, to which he handed to Ginny. "Shame it got canceled on account of the storm, though."

"You traveled all the way from Romania to watch my game?" Ginny asked, tearing up. Quickly, she dashed over and flung her arms around Charlie. "Thank you!"

Hermione glanced over to Harry, who kept fidgeting with something in the breast pocket of his coat. She didn't have time to dwell on it, though, before Draco cleared his throat and stood up from the table. "Excuse me. Need to use the loo." He left rigidly, causing all those at the table to exchange careful glances before all eyes fell on Hermione.

"What?" she finally sighed, exasperated.

"Malfoy? Really, Hermione?" asked Ron, stuffing some peanuts into his mouth and asking what everyone else was thinking.

"Yes? And?"

"And he doesn't give a flying fig about any of us," said Harry. "So what's he doing here?"

Hermione narrowed her eyes, smacking her palm on the table. "Oh really, boys. Are you going to be childish now?"

Ron pretended to ponder her question for half a moment before decidedly nodding. "Yup. Where Malfoy's concerned."

"I happen to know for a fact that you and Draco have gotten along on multiple occasions-"

"That was before he made me puke slugs!" Ron protested.

"Well, you were caught snogging his fiance!" Hermione whispered loudly, trying not to draw the attention of the other patrons in the facility.

"She was snogging me!" Ron whispered back, albeit louder than Hermione.

"I've seemed to miss quite a lot," said Charlie, blinking between the two with an expression that could only be described as perplexed.

"I'll say," said Neville. "I'm just as confused."