When Eight fell into the Metro

I didn't plan on updating this again today

I didn't plan on updating this again today. I was gonna wait till tomorrow. But then I got these two comments from @HyperFighter7

And well, I just really felt the need to talk about this!

So let's go into the first one:

"Salmonid and Octarians have a history."

You didn't provide the evidence to this so I went ahead and did the digging! I assumed it was in the sunken scrolls so that's the first place I looked. I didn't find anything in the splatoon 2 sunken scrolls, so I checked the wiki on the splatoon 1 scrolls. Still, nothing of note besides scrolls about octarian's power decline and how their source of energy was from "elsewhere" but there's a high chance they mean the mini zapfish and the big zapfish.

Next, I checked the salmonid wiki. Still, nothing. However this idea is still interesting as it would make the most sense. But at the same time there are many different things that hint to the opposite. The wiki on salmonid have octolings under enemies and rivals, and if that's not enough for you, in the octo expansion when marina says that octolings have been seen playing salmon run, Pearl says that that makes sense with "the enemy of my enemy and all that." So it's pretty hinted that salmonids don't like octarians and octarians don't like salmonid.

However who's to say it wasn't always like that? It makes the most sense out of anything that the salmonids and octarians originally did have some kind of deal like that, because there's no way the flyfish, the steelhead, the drizzler, and the griller all made their technology themselves when they don't seem to be as smart as octarians or inklings. Maybe one side betrayed the other and now they're enemies? It seems likely to me! I wish we had more information on that. If I'm missing any specific evidence feel free to let me know!

Now, as for that second one.

I solely do believe that 8 fell into the metro during the splatoon 2 hero mode. I like the idea of them fighting before in splatoon 1 though. (Even though it contradicts a major theory I have that the octarians that get splatted in the hero mode die for good since 3 takes over the respawn pad, eight's smart and I think she could escape. Maybe they did fight and she was defeated, or she managed to splat agent 3 and then run?)

The second fight though where they were attacked does make me curious. Because what could of attacked them? I think the best guess is sanotized octarians. Tartar has control of all of them and it'd make sense he'd have some guarding a nearby entrance.

Also, I agree with the fact that cuttlefish says he's on a research trip/vacation with three completely contradicts the 8 falling in splatoon 1 theories.

Another HUGE contributor to 8 falling victim of the calamari inkantation in splatoon 2 and not splatoon 1 is the first thing you hear in the octo expansion.

It's the spicy calamari inkantation. NOT the original

(Skip to 2:25 of the walkthrough video to hear the music segment)

The difference is certainly small but by comparing the segments of the songs you can hear it.

Plus, if the mem cakes are meant to be 8's lost memories, and she heard the inkantation in splatoon 1, why would they form into splatoon 2 Callie and marie if they weren't the most prominent part of the memories? It doesn't make sense unless she first heard it in splatoon 2.

But hey, that's just my 2 cents! Thanks so much for commenting Hyper Fighter! This certainly made me think, especially with the salmonid and octarians, and I definitely Wanna research more into that now.

Stay fresh everyone :)