Chapter 14~Sky

I glare at Caleb and then give in.

"We were going to tell you this morning." I say.

He looks up at me finally. I can see that he is upset.

"Why didn't you tell me last night?" He asks.

"Because we wanted some time alone." I say.

"Do you like him?" Caleb asks.

I look at him. "No... Well, I don't know." I say.

"I'm really am not sure, and I don't think he really likes me anyways. We might just be better as friends." I say.

"If he lays a hand on you or hurts you Sky, I swear!" Caleb growls.

I look at Caleb, in shock. He has never been the protective type before.

But now its about a boy.

"Ash would never hurt me." I say.

And I know its true. Ash is careful, and he would never hurt me.

"Fine. But be careful." Caleb says.

"I will. Now where is he?" I ask.

"He is outside with the others. I just needed to talk and make sure you were good. We do need to catch up some time, but you can go for now. Get him to introduce you to Sprout." Caleb says.

I am so annoyed.

I thought Ash was in trouble, and its just that my brother want to talk. Not that I don't want to talk to him, but really?

I can't believe my brother played me like that!

I stomp down the hall to the door. There is a pane of glass on the door, and I draw a dark cloud on the window, before pushing out.

The first person I see is Ash. And then another guy, about my age.

Maybe older.

I stomp out, and walk right past them. I don't want to talk to them right now. I can feel a cloud following above my head.

"Hey! Wait up!" Ash calls after me.

I stop.

I don't want to very much, but I do.

Its Ash.

Ash runs up to me, followed by the other guy. He is tall, and blond. And he has some muscle on him.

"Who's the girl?" He whispers to Ash.

"Sky." Ash breathes back.

"She's hot." I hear him whisper.

I grimace.

I turn and catch Ash's eye.

"Ya. If you like that kind of creepy weather girl." He jokes, winking at me.

I smile a bit. I turn, and see the blond guy look up.

"Nice cloud beautiful." He says.

I glare. I don't like this guy at all.

The blond guy smirks. smirks. This guy is annoying.

"Sprout." He says, sticking out his hand.

"Sky." I say. I don't shake his hand.

"Sky, I have go to go talk to Caleb, are you ok with Sprout?" Ash asks me.

"I can take him if he tries something." I say.

Ash smiles, and walks away. As soon as he goes, I walk over to a tree. Sprout stands close to me.

"What kinds of things beauty?" He asks, turning me to face him. His arms are around my waist.

I glare at him.

"I am not falling for your act." I say, pushing him off. "You are a player."

I lean my back on the tree.

"What act?" He asks. " I actually like you!"

"What ever. I don't care." I say.

Sprout moves closer. He leans in. I am between him and the tree.

He smiles, and leans in to kiss me.

"Don't you dare." I say coldly. He pulls back and looks at me in surprise.

I push him away while he is distracted, and behind him a few meters off is Ash.

He looks at me, and then starts to jog away.

"Hey! Ash! Ash, come on!" I say.

He doesn't listen. I look at Sprout. He is grinning.

"You jerk! Now the only person I really care about other then my brother is mad at me!" I yell, pushing him.

"You wanted me to." He says.

"Why the heck would I want to kiss you! Player!" I yell at him.

I push him again, hard, and run off in the direction Ash went.

I find Ash on another pile of junk in the yard.

He is sitting pretty high up, on a large tire. It sits out from the side of the pile like a ledge. How did he even get up there?

I take a running start up the incline, and jump at the tire. My fingers latch on to the top, and I feel like I have a good grip, but I start to slide.

"Ash! Help me up! Please." I beg.

I hope he isn't so mad that he won't help.I really don't want to fall, but I seriously might deserve it.

I keep slipping quickly. Just as I am about to fall, Ash grabs my wrists and helps me up.

I push myself up, and roll over onto the tire. Ash is already on the other side, legs dangling down the center of the tire.

"Thanks" I say, out of breath.

Ash doesn't look up. I scoot over next to him, and rest my thin hand on his leg. He still doesn't move.

"Please don't do this Ash! I didn't kiss him, And he didn't kiss me! I wouldn't want to kiss him anyway!" I say.

Ash still looks away. I can tell he is hurt. And its my fault. Or at least he thinks it is.

"Ash. I promise nothing happened. You can't really think I would do that?!" I say.

Ash slides his larger hand over mine. It is warm and rough. This is a good sign. I look at him.

He looks up.

I can tell that he is upset. He looks tired, and as always, his skin is pale, and his eyes are a piercing blue. He just stares at me for a while.

"Please don't be mad." I say finally.

He cringes.

"That's the problem Sky, I can't get mad at you. Even if you do something like that." He replies.

"I wouldn't say that's a problem." I reply.

He just looks at me. His fingers lace with mine, and warmth shoots up my arm.

"Can you forgive me?" I ask.

He stares at me, almost like he is considering it.

"Yes. As long as you don't do that again. I hated it." He says quietly.

"I won't." I say relaxing a bit.

I lean over to hug him. He sits rigid.

I hug him from the side, wrapping both my arms around him tightly.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

He relaxes slowly and hugs me back.

His tall thin body still manages to in case mine in warmth. When he let's go of me, he laces our fingers back together. I smile a tiny smile. One that he can't see.