Chapter 6~Sky

He leans in slowly. I think he is going to kiss me, so I start to pull away, but instead he just hugs me.

I am lost in his strong thin chest, and he rests his chin on the top of my head.

And I hug him back...

I don't know if its because he is probably the first guy to say he likes me, or if its because I haven't been hugged in so long.

But either way I hug him back.

And its good. Its nice to hug again.

We are standing there hugging, with my face buried in his chest, when a short girl with shoulder length black hair comes through the front door. I see her by looking around Ash's shoulder.

She looks to be in her mid twenties and smiles when she sees us.

"Hey lovebirds" she says, walking up to us casually.

Ash pulls away instantly when he hears her voice, looking like he has been caught doing something wrong.

He is bright pink.

I smile slightly. It kind of funny how nervous he looks.

"Uhhh, hey Melody" Ash says awkwardly.

" Where are the other two love birds?" She asks.

I guess that she means Dylan and Jessi since they are the only two other people I've heard about.

"They went on a picnic. They should be back soon." Ash answers.

"Ok, good." She says. "I need to talk to them when they get back." She says.

Once Melody has left the room, I look at Ash.

"Is she normal too?" I ask.

"Ya." He says.

"Okay. I won't tell her either." I say.

"Good." He says.

Ash and I go over to a small couch in the corner of the main room, and wait for Jessi and Dylan to come back.

Ash is sitting pretty close to me, but I don't mind. I'm finding that as much as he likes to be alone, he doesn't mind being close to people.

As we are sitting there, I pull my hair out of its ponytail, and let it fall down my back. It is so long, it almost touches my waist.

Absent mindedly, Ash starts to play with my hair. I smile and look up at him questioningly.

When he doesn't look down, I realx, realizing that it is just secound nature to him and he isn't trying to be creepy or weird.

Plus, I kind of like it.

I am getting tired suddenly, and I start to drift off. I lean back into the couch and sigh.

This is one of the first times in what feels like forever where I feel safe enough to sleep for real.

I'm comfortable and warm, and in a building.

Just as I am about to fall asleep, and am pretty much falling over, I am gently pulled into someone's lap.

I lean in, not really knowing what is going on. Then I drift off.

-----

I wake up to the door opening.

I have no ideas how long I have been asleep for.

I feel someone brush some hair out of my face and smile, still half asleep. Is this a dream?

I open my eyes slowly, to see Ash. My head is on his knees.

I blink.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi." I say sitting up.

I am so dizzy and tired that I just fall back on to him. I look up at him smiling.

I try to sit again, but he eases me back down. Its a good thing to, because I am still super tired.

"Wow, Ash, you got a girl? Weird!" A guys voice jokes from the doorway.

Ash turns to the door, and I succeed in sitting up without falling over. My hair falls over my face a bit.

I look at Ash, who is turning bright pink again, and looking towards the door like he is going to hurt someone.

I look over in the direction he is looking.

A guy with blonde hair and blue eyes enters the room. Following him comes a girl with brown wavy hair and hazel eyes. She giggles.

"Dylan! Don't embarrass him!" she says.

I look at them. They look about my age.

" I'm just kidding Jessi!" He says.

Jessi smiles at him. I can tell that they like each other a lot. Jessi turns and smiles at me.

"So what's your name?" She asks.

Ash turns to me for the answer a well, and I realize that he doesn't even know my name yet.

"Sky." I say.

"Well its nice to meet you Sky." Jessi says. Dylan nods.

"Nice to meet you. Jessi and I have got to go, but hopefully we will see you again." He says, and then he picks Jessi up bridle style, and starts to carry her away.

She giggles and kicks saying "Put me down!" As they leave.

I look at Ash. He is already looking at me.

"Sky what?" He asks.

The look on his face is hard to read.

"What?" I ask, confused by his question.

"What's your last name?" He asks.

"Burmuth." I say.

"Do you have a older brother?" He asks.

"Ya. Why?" I ask. He just stares.