Chapter Ten

There were no words. I nodded, feeling totally disconnected from my body as I stood aside to let Asher enter.

I drank him in like it had been years since we'd been together instead of one day.

He still wore the same sweatpants I'd given him yesterday, but now they were covered with dirt and bits of dried leaves, as if they'd spent the day buried in the earth.

"Are we alone?" he asked. His breath was coming hard. His eyes were blazing with a deep, powerful instinct that lit a fire in my own limbs.

I nodded. "My roommate is out at the club. She won't be back until late."

"Good."

That was all he said before he grabbed me roughly by the waist and pulled me to him.

His lips crushed against mine. The kiss had a desperate, demanding quality that I'd never felt before, but that spoke to an equally fierce part of myself.

I kissed him back hungrily, my fingers sinking into his short hair.

The door of the apartment swung shut as we stumbled into the kitchen and down the hall.

Asher held me tightly, like he was afraid I might vanish. His tongue darted between my lips, tasting me. I kissed him back harder, my fingers digging into his shoulders.

Everything else in the world fell away. I surrendered completely to my desire, no longer able to remember why I'd fought so hard in the first place.

This was where I belonged. In the arms of this passionate, sensitive man.

No, not a man. A werewolf.

My mate.

I pulled off my shirt, and then his, letting the clothes drop onto the floor as we made our way into the bedroom. I unhooked my bra and my breasts fell free.

Asher cupped one in each hand, nuzzling and sucking my nipples until I was grinding hard against him, panting for more.

Sliding his hands under my ass, he lifted me off the ground and I wrapped my legs around his back. He carried me into my bedroom, kicking the door closed behind me.

The room was dark, but enough light filtered in from the street to let us see each other. I stroked the smooth muscles of his bare chest, kissing the salt of his skin.

Asher's eyes closed, his breath coming fast as I eased the gray sweatpants off his hips. He was naked underneath, his impressive length fully erect. A surge of wetness rushed over me. I reached out to grasp him, but with a growl he swept me off my feet and lifted me onto my bed.

Then his hands were on my zipper, pulling down my jeans and tossing them onto the floor, followed by my panties. He made his way back up, licking and caressing my breasts and stomach, then kissing me hard.

I felt his thick head nudging at my entrance and caught my breath. I saw the flash of hesitation in Asher's eyes, and he paused.

Then I raised my hips to meet his, and he slid in. We both cried out at the surge of sensation.

He kissed me passionately, then thrust his hips forward, pushing in deeper, stretching me out as he filled me completely. I couldn't contain the scream of pleasure as he sank in all the way.

"Olivia...oh God," Asher murmured, his lips close to my ear.

"Yes...yes..." I breathed as he began to thrust in and out me, each powerful surge filling me until I thought I would split in two.

It was like seeing the sky for the first time. I'd never felt so intimately connected with anyone before. We devoured one another, until I didn't know where he ended and I can began.