acknowledgements ft. good omens

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS FINALLY OVER

I'm so emotional right now. I started this book on May 24, 2018. That's more than two and a half years! I'm so happy that I got to finish this book, but also very sad because it's over and I won't get to go on any more adventures with Theo and Blaise.

 That's more than two and a half years! I'm so happy that I got to finish this book, but also very sad because it's over and I won't get to go on any more adventures with Theo and Blaise

(Let's not talk about how this book would still have been unfinished were it not for corona)

This is going to be a long, rambly chapter so beware.

First of all, thank you. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has read this book, voted, and commented. Thank you for letting me know your thoughts, thank you for being with me on this long journey during which I often stopped updating for several months at a time. I know I've lost a lot of readers in the process, but if you've stuck around since the very beginning – a) thank you and b) WHY??

 I know I've lost a lot of readers in the process, but if you've stuck around since the very beginning – a) thank you and b) WHY??

Anyway, it feels great to finally tap the complete button on this book. It's been a blast.

I honestly did not expect this book to gain so much love. From my five years of experience on Wattpad, I've seen that readers tend to drift more toward books on Draco (especially Dramione), Tom Riddle, or the marauders. Theo and Blaise are two of the lesser popular characters, so it meant the world to me when readers actively looked for this book and expressed gratitude for writing about them.

This book was supposed to be part of a series of short books I was writing (the other two books are called honeysuckle and edelweiss). Basically, the books in the series were supposed to focus on different characters during the Carrow rule. I started writing this book, hoping to focus on Theo and it was supposed to be a short story like the other two; but then I wrote the first chapter and decided fuck it, they deserve a book of their own.

And so here we are.

There's another book that takes place in the same universe as this. Some of you may have read it already (or may be reading it). It's called Apples and Scented Candles and it follows the story of Corben as he trains to become an Auror. The love interest is none other than my smol baby Harry Potter.